PDA

View Full Version : Stress cracks on bottom of boat

belewsX2
11-01-2011, 10:11 PM
I noticed at the beginning of the summer that I had several stress cracks oin the gel coat on the bottom of my 2008 X2. I took it by the dealer. The dealer said he would try to get Mastercraft to cover it. First Mastercraft said 'no'. Then I called and got them to pay half. I waited til the end of the summer to get it fixed and realized there are about five different spots with stress cracks. We bought the boat new in 2008 and it has never sat in the water overnight.

Has anyone else had this problem?

kskonn
11-01-2011, 10:13 PM
Pretty sure the Hull is a lifetime warranty so why would they only cover half?

bjames
11-01-2011, 10:37 PM
Are you sure they are stress cracks through the hull or could they be spider cracks through the first layer of gelcoat. I believe if MC believes these are only gel coat cracks, which are not a structural concern, only cosmetic, then that would only be covered during the first year warranty. There is a big difference.

ttu
11-01-2011, 10:44 PM
do you mind posting some pictures of the cracks. i would be very suprised that mc would not repair that. knock on wood i have had no issues with my 07 x2 but when i had my 05 supra ssv22 i did. skier's choice took care of them and would hope mc would also.