PDA

View Full Version : Master Craft Factory?

SunCoast 83
10-30-2011, 11:55 AM
Driving to Gatlinburg TN for vacation. I know that Vonore is close by and I always wanted to see the MC Offices and Factory. Is it worth a trip over. Is there anything there (shops etc ) to visit? I know factory tours are available. However is it a lot of work to get one or is it on a daily schedule? Thanks for any information.

waterlogged882
10-30-2011, 12:39 PM

MIskier
10-30-2011, 02:34 PM
You need to call and schedule a tour they do them daily mon-thurs. They will just walk you through the different parts of the factory floor and allow you to see all aspects of the build process. Obviously engineering and the offices aren't part of the tour. There really is nothing in Vonore other than the factories in the industrial complex where the MC factory is located.

10-30-2011, 05:31 PM
This will help!!

http://mastercraft.com/site_forms/request_factory_tour

[email protected]

SkiDog
10-30-2011, 05:41 PM
I live in the area. Factory tours are available however I am not certain on the schedule of availability. It's nothing elaborate but that is all relative from opinion to opinion.

If you have high hopes of color in Gatlinburg, it has came and gone. Peaked last week at different elevations ranging mostly 4K to 6K asl. Lower elevations still have some color for a few more days. Lots of people on the Parkway, slow movers, etc... Enjoy the trip.. Don't miss Cade's Cove, above everything else.

OMG! I went thru there a few years ago on a motorcycle trip. Worst part of the whole trip!
2MPH is about all we averaged for 45 min, or however long it took. Saw MAYBE 1 rabbit! every time some freaking tourist would see ANYTHING, they would stop! UUUUUGGGGGGGGGG!

SunCoast 83
10-30-2011, 11:19 PM
Thank you for all the info. We got into Gatlinburg tonight, so maybe I will call over in the morning to inquire about a tour.