Responsible for coordinating the safe and efficient transportation of MasterCraft boats from builder location to dealer location and responsible for analyzing and reducing the costs of MCBH freight spend without sacrificing quality and service.
• Analyze and optimize current boat hauling transportation services and costs, negotiate improved freight rates and service, and identify new potential boat hauling transportation services that are capable of meeting cost, quality and delivery expectations.
• Coordinate with MasterCraft manufacturing, sales and dealers to schedule timely and cost effective shipment of boats to dealerships (domestic and international).
• Handle customer queries and resolve complaints in a professional and timely manner.
• Analyze current MCBH direct material freight expenditure, negotiate improved transportation rates and/or identify alternatives to result in improved cost, quality and delivery.
• Develop, implement and improve transportation policies and procedures.
• Monitor and evaluate transportation services performance and drive continuous improvement in service and total cost where needed.
• Ensure compliance to transportation regulations and company policies.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in transportation management, logistics, supply chain, or similar preferred.
• Minimum of two years’ experience as a transportation specialist in a related industry.
• In-depth knowledge of transportation industry regulations.
• Superb leadership, communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Positive “can do” attitude.
• Willingness to provide operational support outside of regular business hours.