General Description of Position:
This position works directly with suppliers to ensure consistent compliance to MasterCraft standards and policies through audit, education and corrective action. This position reports to the Director, Supplier Quality and interfaces with Suppliers, Production, Engineering and Purchasing on a regular basis.
• Monitors and manages the quality and delivery performance for top 10 spend suppliers
• Perform on-site assessments for qualifying new suppliers as part of the new model launch process or source change process
• Coordinate and approve Supplier PPAPs where applicable
• Coordinate and approve Supplier 8Ds where applicable
• Assist key suppliers with opportunities relative to quality improvement, lean manufacturing and productivity
• Basic understanding of Quality Management Systems such as ISO-9001
• Solid understanding of APQP process and documentation such as Flow Charts, d/pFMEA, Control Plans, MSA and PPAP
• Basic understanding of 8D Problem Solving using 5 Why
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products and statistical software.
• Drive supplier continuous improvement through data collection, corrective actions, and audits.
• Implements and conducts supplier training sessions to improve supplier capability and performance
• Responsible for supplier performance monitoring through monthly scorecards, quarterly review, and yearly expectation deployment.
• Organize and host supplier continuous improvement events
• Support manufacturing with supplier part quality including leading the investigation, containment, sorting, and incoming inspection.
• Serves as main point of contact during major supplier quality spills and recovery plans
• Interfaces with all functional areas of the organization as needed to make resolution or improvements to the Suppliers’ product or processes.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Electronics, or Quality related field is preferred
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in manufacturing processes, quality systems and corrective action deployment is required.
• Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) a plus.
• Experience with data analytics and system design a plus