General Description of Position:
Senior Analyst helps create and consolidate budgets, forecasts, and analytical reporting data to submit both to senior management as well as the board of directors. Also, will assist with various closing responsibilities as well.
* Oversee data submissions and accuracy of information being loaded into our Adaptive Insights reporting tool.
* Create and maintain reports used for consolidated reporting.
* Continue to enhance and add data to the Adaptive Insights reporting tool to streamline reporting and to enhance the ability to create forecasts/budgets in the system.
* Train Adaptive Insights new users and create training materials as necessary as we continue to enhance data that we are loading into the system.
* Create and maintain templates to upload budgets, forecasts, or other data necessary for reporting, including templates for the annual budget process.
* Coordinate the creation of the monthly boat package and quarterly board financial presentations.
* Create monthly forecast for various corporate level expenses and balance sheet components.
* Coordinate Aviara Brand reporting and forecasting working with MasterCraft and Aviara personnel.
* Collect and review of forecast vs actual explanations from the divisional groups monthly to help summarize results as well as aid in the determination of necessary forecast changes.
* Coordinate the collection and review of Capital Appropriation Requests across the divisions.
* Assist with other projects and requests as necessary.
Education & Work Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required: MBA, CPA, and/or CMA is preferred.
* Minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in accounting and finance.
* Experience working in a manufacturing operation is preferred.
* Public accounting experience is preferred.
* Knowledge of GAAP and other accounting standard requirements.
* Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
* Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
* Team-oriented, ability to handle multiple tasks and work independently.
* Ability to work with data and be able to create simple reports from data being analyzed.
* Experience working in financial systems and/or consolidation systems a plus.
* Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
* Microsoft Office with a heavy emphasis on advanced Excel knowledge.
* Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
* Working knowledge of internal control processes/SOX compliance.
Works in office environment. Office environment has controlled temperature, humidity and noise levels. Talking and hearing are required. Minimal bending, stooping, walking, and stair climbing are required as is lifting items of moderate weight. Quality standards and safety rules and regulations are mandatory.