MasterCraft Boat Holdings is looking for an experienced and passionate Naval Architect to work on new and innovative products across MasterCraft, Aviara, NauticStar, and Crest brands. As a Naval Architect you will work cross functionally with Production, Quality, Customer Service, and Sales to develop innovative solutions. The ideal candidate will have the ability to solve problems for current and future products. The Naval Architect will contribute to the success of MasterCraft product through performance, safety, and quality.
• Design, develop and release CAD for hull bottom designs. This includes full weight study and hydrostatics.
• Define requirements and component specifications for multiple mechanical systems, including, but not limited to, propellers, rudders, tracking fins, propeller shafts and shaft struts.
• Conceive new mechanical and mechanical system designs for customer convenience and efficient manufacturability, including supporting documentation and analysis such as DFMEA, DVP&R and manufacturing feasibility.
• Generate engineering drawings for new designs and approve prints for boat release
• Insure component and system compliance with industry standards
• Interface with propulsion and project groups for system layouts
• Propeller testing and performance validation
• Address engine warranty issues and design improvements
• Perform final mechanical design verification tests
• Conduct product research on mechanical equipment and components
• Research and integrate new equipment designs as industry trends allow
• Provide technical expertise and insure consistent documentation, methods and practices
• Generate Engineering Change Notices (ECN) as required
• Review and approve owner’s manuals for accurate and complete mechanical descriptions and information
• Attend ABYC certification classes
• Insure timely and adequate completion of all applicable phases of project
• Facilitate training seminars for assembly personal informing them of new construction requirements and sound practices commensurate with MasterCraft standards
Education & Work Experience:
• BS or Advanced Degree in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum of 3 years experience in hull product design with knowledge of fiberglass production processes
• ABYC certification preferred
• Must be able to operate a powerboat
• Experience with naval architecture software tools such as: RHINO, AutoCAD, and AutoDesk Inventor preferred
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written, both formal and informal)
• Strong time management and organizational
• Must have working knowledge of bill-of-materials
• Ability to take charge with a positive and proactive attitude
• Must be able to interface well with other employees, outside vendors, dealers, and retail customers
Works in both office and plant environment. Office environment has controlled temperature, humidity and noise levels. Plant environment varies with outside temperature and noise levels vary in different production areas. Effective near vision or near vision accommodation is required. Talking and hearing are required. Must be able to lift 50lbs. MasterCraft quality standards and safety rules and regulations are mandatory.