General Description of Position:
The MP&L Analyst supports and coordinates the activities within the MP&L department including planning and scheduling, shipping, and receiving, inventory control, warehousing and data gathering for key metrics
• Responsible for data collection / reporting of plant inventory levels and accuracy metrics
• Develops and ensures compliance to formal policies and procedures. Monitors trends and establishes action to improve
• Supports leadership, discipline, and support to ensure the highest level of safety, housekeeping(5S), and professionalism within the MP&L department
• Meet/exceed targets for Inventory Accuracy / line shortages
• Responsible for a plan for every part (PFEP) including ordering habits, inbound freight, storage, and line feeding.
• Directs freight and logistics functions in accordance with standards
• Provide support to freight providers and purchasing to optimize logistics efficiency.
• Must support all material flow activity in the plant
• Manage planning and inventory control activities for engineering changes, part revisions, launches and buildouts
• Time Studies to best optimize delivery routes, picking, and other aspects of material flow
• Other duties as assigned
• Monitor and support outbound transportation concepts
Education / Experience / Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Logistics/Materials Management or related field from a 4-year college or university
• Must have at least 3 years of experience in materials management and production control in a manufacturing environment
• APICS certification preferred
• Broad-based supply chain management and process development knowledge
• Exposure to multiple disciplines
• PC software knowledge and skills
• Lean manufacturing a plus
• Must be able to work out scheduling issues with both customers and suppliers.
• Strong leadership, planning, negotiating and problem-solving skills
• Must be able to effectively communicate with customers, suppliers, and production personnel
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and customers.
• Strong math skills are required
• Strong financial and presentation skills
• Must be able to analyze problems logically and develop plans for resolution
• Must be able to prioritize tasks and be organized in approach to planning
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Ability to interpret instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
• Strong analytical problem-solving skills to determine root cause of the issues
• Proposes and oversees implementation of corrective actions
• Proficient in MS Office software (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) and Outlook.
• Data analysis using Access, VB, Excel, or Other tools.
This position works under pressure of deadlines with interruptions occurring regularly.
Position frequently requires more than 40 hours per week, with up to 25% travel.