General Description of Position:
To successfully take projects from concept stage to production smoothly and efficiently.
Duties: Position will be accountable for the following:
• Product Development from concept to production phase-in of new products under supervision of the Design Engineering Manager.
• Provide detail design and support to tooling vendors.
• Troubleshoot design related production problems with Process Engineering and Qualify Control.
• Develop B.O.M.
• Layout B.O.M. on drawings and assemblies.
• Interface with suppliers to insure correct product applications and installations.
• Involved directly in the development and testing of new product and prototypes.
• Continuing development and implementation of upgrades to products once in production.
• Ensure interdepartmental communication.
• Ensure that work area is clean, orderly and safe. Know and enforce company policies and procedures.
• Ensure timely and adequate completion of all applicable phases of project.
• Maintain direct and frequent interface with other departments to insure consistency throughout the organization.
• Maintaining supplied personal project folders with complete and updated information.
• Co-ordination and maintenance of 3-D CAD model to include interface fit, detail and completion of all assigned new models.
• Develop engineering “detailed” drawings based on conceptual arrangements.
• Provide technical product assistance to Service Department.
Organization/Individuals outside of MasterCraft to whom there is regular contact:
Vendor Representatives – as needed to assist with material issues.
Sub-Contractors – as needed for tooling and new parts.
Organization/Individuals inside of MasterCraft to whom there is regular contact:
Sales Department – as needed for research and direction.
Production Managers/Supervisors – as needed to support implementation of improved materials and processes.
Supply Management – as needed to support procurement of new and updated parts/materials.
Computer and Printer
MicroSoft Office Suite
Education & Work Experience:
• Bachelors Degree, Mechanical Engineering or related field preferred.
• Minimum 4 years experience in marine design and mechanical background with knowledge of production process.
• Strong background in computer aided design and engineering.
• Committed to quality and standards that are accepted by societies and industry.
• Must interface well with other employees and the public and be a team player.
• Working knowledge of PC based software (Word, Excel, M.S. Project, etc.)
Works in both office and plant environment. Office environment has controlled temperature, humidity and noise levels. Plant environment varies with outside temperature and noise levels vary in different production areas. Effective near vision or near vision accommodation is required. Talking and hearing are required. Minimal bending, stooping, walking, and stair climbing are required as is lifting items of moderate weight. MasterCraft quality standards and safety rules and regulations are mandatory.
Travel: Minimal travel required.