Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakeboarding & Wakeskating

Old 06-21-2006, 10:01 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2006, MCX
Wakeboard setup on 2006 X2

So I've had my 06 X2 for all of 12 hours now and had a couple wakeboard sessions. The wake is really wide, even at the shortest rope length my rope will go and I'm stuggling to get some good pop. If we go faster than 21 mph, the wake really flattens out. I haven't added any extra ballast yet, but I'm about to. Looking for some setup advice; boat speed, rope lenght, ballast and position of ballast.

Thanks!
J
Old 06-22-2006, 11:43 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 97 Prostar 205 LT1
not the same boat but i can tell you what i run in my 97 205(x star hull)

depending on rider preference i run around 22 MPH, i have about 1000 pounds of ballast in the rear and 500 up front for good riders. if it's a rookie rider i empty the ballast so they dont get scared

if your wake is too wide you can pick up boat speed an MPH or so, or add some front ballast. if you dont have a ballast system yet just use your 2 legged ballast(people), have them move around until you get it just right.

also, if you have a washy wake on one side, move a person over to that side a little.

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy
Old 06-22-2006, 11:54 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2006 MC X2 350MCX
the wake is sick!

jeffrpod...

Add the extra ballast... I mean it is still really nice with stock ballast and at least 4 to 5 people in the boat but the extra will help if you don't have the people. We had her loaded up last week with an additional 1200 lbs of ballast and 7 ppl.. The wake was ridiculous.. we were riding at 65' and we were all clearing the wake and into the flats about 6' to 7' riding at 20.5 MPH. We haven't yet lengthened the rope but tonight we will. And I will also get some pics of the setup and the wake.

We ride usually at only 65' as the riders vary from beginner to advanced.. inverts spins etc.. Most of us haven't ridden behind a wakeboard specific boat before mind you but we are having a blast. And it is throwing us into the air about 10'!!

THe boat already has 30 hours on it and I am hoping to put on at least 100... Not bad for Northern Alberta!! Fort McMurray actually...

Enjoy the boat and have fun!
Old 07-19-2006, 11:56 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: MasterCraft X-Star 2008 MCX
Here is what we do........Fill the factory ballast, add a 250lbs. sac in each rear compartment & a 250lbs. sac in each side front bow compartments, fill the boat with a full tank of gas, 75' of rope, 22.7 to 23mph. Nothing but money for a wake!!!
Old 06-14-2007, 12:13 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2007 X2
I just got my 2007 X2 this year...April 21st, already have 77 hours on it!!! I absolutely love it. I ran stock ballast until I got used to actually having a wake to clear. Now we are running a Launch Pad recliner sac (540lbs) in the walkway to the bow. This sac when fill is level with the bow seats...so it acts like a filler cushion!! This week we started running an additional 600lbs right behind that sac. The wake is absolutely massive, and isn't really lippy, so you don't feel like you are hitting a wall. 1,800 lbs, plus people puts us over 2,000. We run PP @ 22mph and the boat does really well!
Old 06-14-2007, 12:37 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2006 MasterCraft X2
Send a message via AIM to slink976
Hey now. I too have a 2006 X2. I just bought sacs (2@550lbs) for my ski lockers and plan on installing them this friday. I am still missing some fittings but they are supposed to be here tomorrow. I will let you know what the level of effort was and what the turn out was via difference in wake. I started a seperate thread under the title "Extra Ballast" check it out, peeps are helping me with the actual installation of the sacs.

Oh wow just realized how old this thread was.....

Edit number 2 --- And the peeps that are helping me are the ones asking.. lol this is some good shyt
Old 06-14-2007, 12:48 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by slink976
Hey now. I too have a 2006 X2. I just bought sacs (2@550lbs) for my ski lockers and plan on installing them this friday. I am still missing some fittings but they are supposed to be here tomorrow. I will let you know what the level of effort was and what the turn out was via difference in wake. I started a seperate thread under the title "Extra Ballast" check it out, peeps are helping me with the actual installation of the sacs.

Oh wow just realized how old this thread was.....

Edit number 2 --- And the peeps that are helping me are the ones asking.. lol this is some good shyt
I currently am running the same set up. 450lbs in each rear side compartment, factory ballast, 750lbs in walkway, and 2-250lbs sacs in the front. Just like the X-Star, you have to run so much weight in the front to get it ride, and get the wake shape correctly. We have been riding at 75' and at a speed of 23.2.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:49 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
Trust Skeeler-I've seen his ballast set-up! It usually looks better than any other!

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :
Old 06-14-2007, 12:53 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
Trust Skeeler-I've seen his ballast set-up! It usually looks better than any other!
True that!!! The problem is keeping them all happy!
Old 06-14-2007, 12:53 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
We all struggle with that day to day!

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :