Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 10-20-2004, 10:12 AM
Knoxes

I guess I'm surprised

That conservatives are still supporting Bush. He's abandoned the principles of the GOP - fiscal responsibility, small federal government, personal liberties and hands off foreign policy. He seems to have found some ground that neither party would whole-heartedly endorse.

Tax cuts and massive deficits, grossly inflated federal government, the Patriot Act and taking on a humanitarian effort halfway across the world? I don't get it. This is not your father's GOP.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:57 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1997 Sammy Duvall 205
Don't be suprised, we live in a land of free speech and democracy our society is a better place with opinions that can be heard. With that said, I do believe we have reached a whole new level of "negativity".

Now, more upsetting to me than your point is people who are not able to vote properly and then are exploited by the media and political groups for their incompetence. Throughout life if I make a mistake, I pay the price. It erks me to see people playing the role of "victims". Somewhere we loss common sense........
Old 10-20-2004, 11:11 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2005 Prostar 197 / MCX
ya knoxes, right on! now I'm gonna go vote for Kerry!!!!!!! ???????
Old 10-20-2004, 11:26 AM
Knoxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric
ya knoxes, right on! now I'm gonna go vote for Kerry!!!!!!! ???????
Well, I didn't exactly suggest that, but I really am curious about why old school GOPers continue to support him. I realize there are other issues, but are they sufficient for you guys to overlook some obvious and significant departures from the principles that have guided the GOP for decades?
Old 10-20-2004, 11:33 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 2004 Prostar 209
Maybe cause as far as Bush sways from the original GOP pronciples, he ain't no where as bad as Kerry.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:45 AM
Knoxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag_Red
Maybe cause as far as Bush sways from the original GOP pronciples, he ain't no where as bad as Kerry.
Can you clarify that, Red? What do you mean by "no where as bad"?
Old 10-20-2004, 12:05 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoxes
Well, I didn't exactly suggest that, but I really am curious about why old school GOPers continue to support him. I realize there are other issues, but are they sufficient for you guys to overlook some obvious and significant departures from the principles that have guided the GOP for decades?
I wondered the same thing about clinton voters but it didnt seem to stop you guys from re-electing him, did it?
Old 10-20-2004, 12:26 PM
Knoxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric
I wondered the same thing about clinton voters but it didnt seem to stop you guys from re-electing him, did it?
Specifically, where did Clinton deviate from the Democratic party policy?

And I don't recall ever saying I voted for Clinton.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:36 PM
MC Master Poster

when you referred to "you guys" I thought it only appropriate to return the favor. Dont worry lot's of people won't admit they voted for clinton but he won twice somehow.
I dont have time for all the non-democratic policy moves clinton made, but can you spell NAFTA?
Old 10-20-2004, 01:09 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1997 Sammy Duvall 205
Question. If you owned a business that could supply the same product with substancially less labor resource dollars and increase your margins but required that you move the business to Mexico. What would stop you?

With the Clinton NAFTA agreement, your conscience would be the only stop. Big business does not have a conscience,they have boardrooms and shareholders, all of which are in it for the $$'s.

I think its ironic that the unions, who's membership is primarily in manufacturing positions, support the party that opened the door to a mass exodus of manufacturing jobs........Seems that if they don't get smart, in the near future there "stock" in the political areana is going to be a small asset.

I'm going to stop now.