Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 10-19-2004, 07:23 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MC Maristar 225 VRS 1994 350TBI
Think I make this stuff up? Read this one

My buddy has been complaining about his boss being kinda out of it lately.. Nice guy, family business, pay there employees well..
He is around 40. Live real well..LOVES his wife and two kids.. He is the epitomy of FAMILY man.. Hates to go out of town, because he misses his family too much... GUESS WHAT.....

SHE filed for divorce cause she ( I swear this is what she said) " I am not happy anymore"... Well that is a sure sign of another "sausage has been in the tuna factory"....

OH of course she wasnt TOO UNHAPPY to want EVERYTHING.. House, money, cars, part of the business ( when is divorce going to go back to FAULT again)... Poor EX husband.. I guess this guy sits in his office and just stares out the window, lost .... Everthing that meant anything to him has been taken by HER DECISION to be a selfish piece of trash.....

And you young guys on here want to get married???? ARE YOU effin nuts!!!!!!! Think about it this way. Every OTHER person you walk by on the street is gonna get or is divorced.. OVER 50% divorce rate.. And you think a good lawyer is gonna save you??? Forget it.. Gender bias and racism is alive and LEGAL in Family law...

Just isnt fair and should be outlawed... If you want out and there is no reason for it, except you want some strange stuff, the law should say " here is your stained underwear, GET OUT".........

Last edited by lakes Rick; 10-19-2004 at 07:27 PM.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:33 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2004 Prostar 209
Sad story.......but there are millions just like this.

Last edited by Mag_Red; 10-21-2004 at 11:12 AM.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:16 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2000 MasterCraft ProStar 205 DD
That sucks dude! You make some very good points Rick. It's probably just cheaper to have them whacked! (kidding).
Old 10-19-2004, 08:57 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Currently have Four
Bitter???

I went through a bitter divorce 11-12 years ago - my fault (well mostly.) She took everything she could and then some. She even tried to keep me from taking the kids (2 boys) boating. She actually had her attorney write it up something like this: "...shall not be permitted to take the children boating, swimming, fishing or any activity involving watersports and/or recreation." I'm so totally not kidding here. I even had a letter to the editor published in Boating Magazine soliciting help (at that time I couldn't afford great legal counsel.) Well, although I got screwed in just about every other way, (not even shared parenting) and I had to pay $839/mo. child support (she made 45% of household income) and give her the house which she promptly sold and pocketed $50,000+ in equity, the judge did make them back off on the water restriction clause.

Long story short: the Ex died suddenly a year and a half ago and now the kids live with me full-time. She was raised Southern Baptist and brought the kids up with no religious affiliation whatsoever. Now they go to Catholic schools. She really wasn't so bad after all. I'd like to think that she looks down and even approves of how our children are being raised. I don't know if that's accurate but that's what I like to think. And yes, they ski, wakeboard, fish, swim and live aboard a boat every weekend year 'round and they absolutely love it!

Last edited by DrNautica; 10-19-2004 at 09:00 PM.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:38 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2004 Prostar 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNautica
Bitter???

I went through a bitter divorce 11-12 years ago - my fault (well mostly.) She took everything she could and then some. She even tried to keep me from taking the kids (2 boys) boating. She actually had her attorney write it up something like this: "...shall not be permitted to take the children boating, swimming, fishing or any activity involving watersports and/or recreation." I'm so totally not kidding here. I even had a letter to the editor published in Boating Magazine soliciting help (at that time I couldn't afford great legal counsel.) Well, although I got screwed in just about every other way, (not even shared parenting) and I had to pay $839/mo. child support (she made 45% of household income) and give her the house which she promptly sold and pocketed $50,000+ in equity, the judge did make them back off on the water restriction clause.

Long story short: the Ex died suddenly a year and a half ago and now the kids live with me full-time. She was raised Southern Baptist and brought the kids up with no religious affiliation whatsoever. Now they go to Catholic schools. She really wasn't so bad after all. I'd like to think that she looks down and even approves of how our children are being raised. I don't know if that's accurate but that's what I like to think. And yes, they ski, wakeboard, fish, swim and live aboard a boat every weekend year 'round and they absolutely love it!
You have got to be kidding! Wasn't so bad????? What makes you thnk she is looking down?? Sounds like she would be looking up from where she finally ended.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:08 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag_Red
You have got to be kidding! Wasn't so bad????? What makes you thnk she is looking down?? Sounds like she would be looking up from where she finally ended.
Amen to that.. You are being way too nice Dr. Nautica...

If that happened to mine, I better have a good alibi, cause the police would be at my door next.. Of course having a "ding dong the witch is dead " party wouldnt help.......
Old 10-20-2004, 08:48 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Currently have Four
Guys,

Be careful what you wish for. While we didn't see eye-to-eye while we were married, and certainly not after the divorce, she is the Mother of my children and nobody should have to see their Mom die when they are mere children.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:31 AM
MC Devotee

A mother who lets Predatory men hurt her kids, steals money from her kids, is NEVER home partying nightly, leaving her kids ALONE at 10 & 12 for the weekend, isnt gonna be missed.. I guarantee you the Government child support offices made sure she got money from me to support her drinking and drug habits. As long as the bad MEN pay thats all the WOMEN who run these government offices care about. It doesnt matter that the kids dont get the "child support"..
I do not wish mine dead,BUT, if it happened NOBODY would miss her though and the world would be a better place....

I hope Yours was better than mine... Be careful who you breed with out there
Old 10-21-2004, 10:06 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
Can't add much to this one. Never been there, don't have any plans to (of course, it's not all up to me). My parents were divorced after 39 years of marriage; it was all my Dad's fault as he had screwed around their entire marriage. My Mom was a homemaker their entire marriage and had no separate income. He took all his tools, farm equipment, etc., and she had to pay him for part of the house's value. I think she gets half his retirement pay and that's it. He now lives in a trailer by himself and neither my brother nor sister will even speak to him (both were still living at home when he left). For the sake of my son I've done my best to maintain some semblance of a relationship with him. It's not bad, but it's certainly awkward at times.

Who/how/why did the "Hypothetical Question" thread get closed?

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205, 275hp EFI -- Original Owner
Old 10-21-2004, 10:22 AM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Capt. Kidd., I'm in the same boat (happily married and planning to stay that way if we can help it). I am, however, the product of my dad's second marriage. I get along well with my 3 half-brothers. My dad got along with his first wife until the day she died. Sometimes marriages don't work, sad though that may be. Everything that Rick and others have gone through is terrible. And obviously, I don't hold anyone in very high esteem who could be married to someone, then turn around and use it as leverage in a financial S.N.A.F.U. As they say, it ain't right; it ain't fair. That said, I don't think scrapping no-fault divorce is the answer.

My sister's husband left her after 11 years, and only a few months after she had given birth to their first child, my niece. Turns out, the relationship was far from storybook. They get along much better now. I think it's better for my niece to grow up in a house without all that confrontation. And yes, she sees her dad very often.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.