Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 10-19-2004, 03:06 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2004 Prostar 209
Great Customer service story.....

I always like to share these as it seems, in these days and times, customer service is a thing of the past. I have some Piaa driving lights on the Vette. Last Saturday night, both of them went out. After a bit of probing with a tester light, I determined the relay was bad along with one of the bulbs. I called Piaa Corp and explained the problem......they replaced the relay ( limited lifetime waranty) but not the bulb. Well after a brief discussion.........he decided to throw the bulb in the box along with the relay! You just can't beat that!
Old 10-19-2004, 04:41 PM
TT Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to ktn_cmu
Hey...way to go...you have inspired me...

"Yes...Mastercraft...my PS197 turned into an alumacraft...isn't there something you could do for me... "
Old 10-19-2004, 04:52 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1997 Sammy Duvall 205
Great customer service story.

Side note:

My 35th anniversary 197 has been at the factory for the past couple of weeks to take care of warranty issues. I had a great meeting with Tim Best and Mike (?). I was assured that they would make the boat right. Although, I am waiting to explain and applaud MasterCraft in the handlling of my problems, I will say that they seem to be addressing everything I stated. Once, the boat is returned to me I will issue a post and if everything continues as it is now, it will be a GLOWING report on MasterCraft customer service.
Old 10-19-2004, 06:16 PM
MC Addict

Boat: Tubtime Tugboat
Send a message via MSN to bcampbe7
OK, I'll go...
I have some Manik side steps on my SUV. Well one of the plastic traction steps cracked. So I called their customer service to see if I could buy one, and spoke with a very nice lady. She asked when I had purchased them (it had been a year). Uknowing to me they have a 5 year warranty so she gladly sent me four, just in case any of the others cracked. I thought that was a nice gesture.

I also had a Sink Erator (sp?) garbage disposal that went belly-up 5 days after it's 2 year warranty was up. The company sent me a new one at no charge.

It's good to hear everyone's good customer service exepriences along with the bad. Not only do you discover who to do business with in the future, but who not to do business with.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:27 AM
TT Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to ktn_cmu
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcampbe7
I also had a Sink Erator (sp?) garbage disposal that went belly-up 5 days after it's 2 year warranty was up.
Those engineers got a raise...perfect timing...not too soon, not too late...too bad customer service dropped the ball...

I had an alternator go bad a couple weeks ago on the 9th. When I went back for the warranty refund I found out I bought it on the 10th one year prior...whew!!! Makes you wonder...
Old 10-20-2004, 08:40 AM
MC Master Poster

35th-Tim Best is a good guy, has worked for MC a long time. His brother works there, too. Does (or did) a lot of test driving. If you see Tim again, could you tell him Jim in Milwaukee said HI?
Old 10-20-2004, 02:18 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2000 MasterCraft ProStar 205 DD
"Limited lifetime warranty" isn't that an oxymoron?
Old 10-20-2004, 02:44 PM
bonedoc

Like 35th, I am currently undergoing "negotiations" with Mastercraft on an arm's length of ongoing/accumulating warranty issues regarding my '04 X2. Being a new Mastercraft owner, I have heard nothing but good reports from both my dealer and other owners with respect to their customer service. When everything gets cleared up, I too will gladly post a hopefully glowing report of the problems and outcome.

I believe NeilM should just be getting his boat back from a whack of warranty work done out in BC. I'm sure he'll let us know how that went.

Overall, my X2 has exceeded my expectations on boat performance. It is unfortunate to have experienced the issues I have had, and to hear of some of the other seemingly excessive warranty issues other owners have had. Many issues seem to be nothing more than quality control issues....issues you would not expect to see in boats of this price and calibre.

However, that said, Mastercraft has a reputation of coming through and doing whatever it takes (within reason) to make the customer happy. I am confident that will be my experience as well....will keep you updated.
Old 10-20-2004, 03:03 PM
bonedoc

One last note.....

MYMC has been very helpful in answering questions and helping me out with some of my concerns. They have the experience and tech. knowledge to really answer a lot of questions, and to let you know when something is within "normal" or not regarding wqarranty issues. Also, who to talk to if your needs aren't being met/addressed by your dealer.

I don't mean to flood them with questions, but i can say Mike at MYMC has gone far beyond what I would ever expect from a dealer who has never seen a penny out of my wallet.

Thanks Mike, and cheers.
I'll keep in touch to let you know what transpires.
Old 10-20-2004, 04:24 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1997 Sammy Duvall 205
Sometimes it takes talking to the right person to get things done.

I have been fortunate to have a good relationship with my local MC dealer (Liquid Sports). After speaking with the owner, I wrote a letter to the dealership and to MC. Within a week I had a commitment from MasterCraft to come to Orlando and pickup my boat for a return trip to the factory and deliver when completed. I decided I wanted to deliver myself to go over and voice the concerns I had directly with Tim and Mike. They were very understanding with the issues. I was also honest, in stating I realize it is a used boat, but abcdefghijklmenopqrs..was not right. Tim, has helped alot and is getting things done. Mike was also helpful and spent several hours with us taking a factory tour. Jane is the Proshop hooked us up with shirts and gave my 3 yr old son a remote control MC boat. I had my doubts on the way up, but when we left the factory, I felt good that everything will be addressed. I will let you in on one issue, the interior was not holding up in areas. Tim and Mike are replacing the entire entire with 05 vinyl. That is one of several issues that I am more than pleased with the service provide bt MC. There are alot more coming but I am going to reserve them until I get the boat back.

If anyone from MasterCraft is reading this.....Hats off to Tim Best and Mike Mc???.....you have some class act employees.