Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Underwater Running Gear

Old 10-15-2004, 09:55 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 06 prostar 197
Send a message via AIM to Cody
Acme props...The application chart online???

Does anyone know which site has an application chart for acme props? I remember seeing it a few months ago, but I can't seem to find it now.

Last edited by Cody; 10-15-2004 at 09:57 PM.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:46 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 06 prostar 197
Send a message via AIM to Cody
Found it:

http://www.acmemarine.com/html/list.html
Old 10-16-2004, 10:55 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190
Cody,

Call Acme and ask to speak to Jim Thelen, he'll ask you a bunch of questions regarding how you use your boat, slalom, wakeboard, lots of ballast, or overall 4 event (ski, wakeboard, kneeboard, tube) based on your interview he'll recommend a prop.

Once you get that info, email Schnitz and see what he can do for you. Most of the time buying a prop from him will be $10-20 cheaper and his price includes shipping.
Old 10-16-2004, 11:41 AM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Tim's got it. I'd add, if Jim's not there, ask for Bill Weeks. It's money well spent.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 10-16-2004, 12:12 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2004 Prostar 209
So what sort of performance gains might one expect over the stock prop?? Better hole shot?? ( I already can't hold onto the handle) How much increase in top end???
Old 10-17-2004, 10:06 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: SN 196 previous 93 stars&stripes 190 red
Most people have changed to acme for better low end pickup out of a carburated engine. Another benefit of the acme are they are so well balance the boat is less noisey and some claim to a better table on the wake. I dropped down to a 12X11.5 to get up to speed in a short set up with a big skier. Worth every penny to do the swap. The first prop I got only gave me 4400 rpms, I droped down to the 11.5 and got the 4600rpms the manual says I should get. Acme changed out the prop and was very good to work with.
Old 10-17-2004, 10:02 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Mag, if you've got a newer boat, you may already have a CNC prop on there albeit an OJ. If it is, the switch may not be necessary as it seems to be pretty much the same thing. Just a thought.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.