Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-14-2014, 04:26 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 Prostar 205V
Saw a guy back smack down the middle of a ramp (a dock on each side) without the safety chain on... winch started spinning and he tried to go faster but all you could hear was "crunch".

Pulled the boat back out and had a hunk missing about the size 2 football lengths right down the center of the boat. Me and my dad couldn't stop laughing.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:29 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1990 Tristar 190 Sport
I'll bet he said "Honey, hold my beer".
Old 07-14-2014, 04:33 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 Xstar
What's up with one truck pulling the other with a chain? No 4x4 or traction? Interesting to say the least....should have kept the camera roll for a bit, prob got interesting
Old 07-14-2014, 04:36 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2013 X-30
The best entertainment is sitting at the launch ramp (safely out of the way) and just taking it all in.. Here is one for you when you have 7 minutes to kill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-fwdfFLbXY

-some guy I should have listened to a long time ago.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:36 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Think the toon being full was prob too much for the truck
Old 07-14-2014, 04:45 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzimme View Post
Incredible really... I'd like to think I'd react in such a calm, cool, and collected way.... BUT, you'd probably have heard a really loud WHAT THE F*** out of me instead.
You and me both. I have immense trouble finding calmness when dense things like that happen.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:47 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
The problem that I find, is that the lake is so full of WT folks loading up their 77 tri-hull that they just bought from Cletus' back yard, that they really have no clue that there's even a thing called etiquette. Gotta learn sometime, but giving those people help would more likely be returned with a middle finger and an assault charge.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:28 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Ok I'll contribute for a laugh.

I watched a 77 tri hull that these "African Americans" had on one of our local lakes. Rarely do we see brothers on the lakes boating. Most stay away from the water. Now before people start racial bashing me etc just read the entire story and yes I do have a black friend that does boat with our croud.

So the boat full of anti swimmers that weigh 300# each are squatting this old tri hull. I'm talking about a few big daddy's and big momma's along with about a 2 yr old child with no vest. I see them approaching a no wake zone still under full power. The driver waits until 50' of the dock to chop throttle. Meanwhile the passengers move to the bow adding at least 700# to the nose and the driver swamps the boat. Then gets excited and gets into the throttle just burying the bow so deep that the boat flips upside down. It seriously looked like the titanic going nose first with the stern coming right over and the biggest splash you have ever seen.

I'm like oh chit the kid right away. I rush out and assist gathering people. There was a boat closer that grabbed the kid without the vest. Anyway a few boats assist getting these people to shore.

Now the get the boat on trailer part. The owner wanted no part of getting back into the water so the other boaters and myself up righted the boat our way using 4 boats and a dock to get up floating the right side up minus the amount of water in it.

The owner now tries to back the trailer down the ramp and take over. All of the boaters insisted that he back down deep so we could start getting the boat inched up on the trailer. Several wake boats stopped and helped by hooking up fat sack ballast pumps trying to get the boat empty. We had at least 6 pumps going and eventually the boat started floating on its own and the pumps started really working.

Now you gotta imagine the owner is still trying to boss us professional boaters around while our way is the only way working. Instead of backing deeper bc the boat is sitting lower he tried to winch up the boat by hand on a normally backed trailer.

Imagine 4-5 inboards now beached trying to help but the know it all owner has made it clear that he has it. We all watch knowing that this guy will do something very interesting that we couldn't miss. 10 minutes go by, the boat is 1/3 on the trailer and we all are drinking beer painfully waiting when the winch starts screaming in reverse. The idiot didn't set the lock so when he slipped off it was free spinning and the boat was going back into the lake. The owner sticks his hand into the winch trying to stop it. The winch handle broke this dudes arm in 2 places between the elbow and wrist, broke the wrist, broke the hand. It was at this point of epic failure he gave up and let us take over. We back is beater bomb truck in extremely deep and winch up the boat in about 5 minutes, all taking turns on the winch bc the dude needed an ER like now.

We put every person watching in the bed of the guys truck for traction and pull the boat out of the water. We get our fat sack pumps back and pull the guys plug. Water is now self draining. The guys bro n law who had never been on the lake or hauled a trailer is now taking the guy to the hospital. The 2 big momma's were jiving about being wet and so upset their hair was ruined.

It's been almost 10 years and none of us had seen them or that boat ever again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 07-14-2014, 11:57 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
^^^ Love Kyle stories!!

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 07-15-2014, 12:03 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
^^^ Love Kyle stories!!
I'm sure everyone would love my story on why I wet sanded my bow for 4 hours with 1500 grit tonight. Tomorrow is the polish, compound, and buff evening after the club meeting.

Gotta love wild women lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....