Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-18-2013, 10:43 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhodges21 View Post
Cannot get enough of this thread. Have not seen any big bloopers personally at a ramp, but I will definitely have to go hang out at a ramp one day soon with my camera. lol
Prolly cuz you're in and out on 2 minutes or less - get some chairs and some beverages and sit by the dock on a summer evening.... better than SNL.

At Lynn Pier on Lake Geneva Wisconsin the locals come out and sit on the dock in folding chairs for the nightly weekend misadventures of idiot boaters...
Old 07-18-2013, 11:37 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 85 Stars&Stripes, safe-t-top, trick realease, boom, flitepipe pylon
Older brother and I at 12 & 14 put in Dad's ChrisCraft with no car and a dolly. Went as planned, but I still wish we had video of it. Must've looked like a real cluster to others.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:24 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2000 MasterCraft MariStar 210 VRS
So I was at the boat ramp and I was trying to launch. Short ramp, have to really back in to get the boat to float. I couldn't get the boat off the trailer. I put it into reverse and just couldn't get her off. I checked the front, I was un-hooked, so I tried again. No luck. I then noticed that the trailer was floating and then it hit me........the back straps.........it was a very embarrising time that morning.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:33 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1999 Maristar 210 VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by -V- View Post
So I was at the boat ramp and I was trying to launch. Short ramp, have to really back in to get the boat to float. I couldn't get the boat off the trailer. I put it into reverse and just couldn't get her off. I checked the front, I was un-hooked, so I tried again. No luck. I then noticed that the trailer was floating and then it hit me........the back straps.........it was a very embarrising time that morning.

at least you didn't wind up like this:
Attached Images

Old 07-25-2013, 01:35 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:

Just when one thinks they are mr. smooth at the boat ramp, one is corrected.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST215/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND. $100 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 07-25-2013, 01:36 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 x14v
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariStar-Man View Post
Looks like he's in deep enough to float off....
Old 07-25-2013, 01:42 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariStar-Man View Post
I guess we all make mistakes.....

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 07-25-2013, 01:53 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2004, Violet (purple) & white ... previous 1983 black/silver stars
one day out at lake Georgetown, very steep but wide ramps, I saw a guy with a fish & ski OB type boat pull into the prep area at the top, load everything (ice chest, wife, kids, dog, etc.) in the boat, unhook the winch strap and started backing down the ramp to launch ... all done pretty quickly even by my standards. Problem came when he tapped his brakes and the boat launched from the trailer rollers about 30 yards from the edge of the water. Talk about some nasty sounding grinding of prop, lower unit and fiberglass ... along with a really freaked out wife, 2 kids and a dog making almost as much noise as the grinding of boat parts. It all came to a rest about 5 feet from the water. Needless to say, he was extremely embarrased!!! It took a while to wrestle the boat on into the water and hand load back on the trailer ... their day was done!!!

From that point forward, I have never released my winch strap until my trailer wheels are at waters edge when on a steep ramp.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:02 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmkkdx View Post
one day out at lake Georgetown, very steep but wide ramps, I saw a guy with a fish & ski OB type boat pull into the prep area at the top, load everything (ice chest, wife, kids, dog, etc.) in the boat, unhook the winch strap and started backing down the ramp to launch ... all done pretty quickly even by my standards. Problem came when he tapped his brakes and the boat launched from the trailer rollers about 30 yards from the edge of the water. Talk about some nasty sounding grinding of prop, lower unit and fiberglass ... along with a really freaked out wife, 2 kids and a dog making almost as much noise as the grinding of boat parts. It all came to a rest about 5 feet from the water. Needless to say, he was extremely embarrased!!! It took a while to wrestle the boat on into the water and hand load back on the trailer ... their day was done!!!

From that point forward, I have never released my winch strap until my trailer wheels are at waters edge when on a steep ramp.
The magic word: Rollers....

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 07-25-2013, 02:09 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:

Could've turned out a lot worse. Lesson learned. All good.