Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-02-2013, 06:01 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1984 Stars and Stripes Powerslot
Quote:
Originally Posted by willg View Post
Because you were a little twisted coming on to the trailer and decided to backup and try again, but your boat only backs right. Meaning you had to look like a fool to all the I/O and jet owners who don't understand.
Haha that was the part I left out! Both times I have seen it, the boat was either an io or an outboard. I just cringe any time I see gel coat that close to concrete!
Old 07-02-2013, 10:20 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 85 Stars&Stripes, safe-t-top, trick realease, boom, flitepipe pylon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskie05 View Post
my buddy has that on his golf cart, love it
Does he hang out on it with small boys? If so, that's just wrong.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:29 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 Mastercraft 209 Sammy Duvall
Funny stuff!
Old 07-05-2013, 09:44 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1983 Stars and Strips
We were out for the fire works on the water the night of the third. The harbor side is where we always launch since it isn't as steep and there's no current. It's also where the sherriffs have a enclosed dock and lift. Thier "boat house" is in the first slip and is directly behind the ramp and next to the shore wall. Many people park on the wall while getting the truck/trailer.

This night there was a new Larson parked facing the sheriff house with several people on it that had been drinking. I'm sitting on there holding my boat, all the sudden he starts up puts it in drive, almost on plane, and slams right in the boat house. Puts it in reverse and slams his out drive into the concrete wall and again into drive slamming into the boat house again. This entire time he is s screaming profanities and yelling that his boat won't engage properly....everyone is staring, even the sherriffs that have just strolled in. No body moves until the sherriffs have secured him and start the ticket writing process.

By the time we trailered and left, there were 7 cops there. Not sure if be went to jail or not, but probably should have had everything impounded.

He put a lot of lives in danger that night, luckily no one was hurt. I still wonder what exactly happened and why he did that
Old 07-05-2013, 01:07 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1984 Stars and Stripes Powerslot
^^ that is the thing that scares me the most about boating, especially around holidays. You have people out there on holidays who aren't normally out there, or at least aren't normally out there drunk, and they are all out in force on the holidays. Actually I try to stay near the house on most holidays. People get a little too much alcohol in them and they turn into monsters. Just this morning on my way to swim at the pool (6 am) somebody had crashed through a cinder block wall and into somebody's back yard. How drunk do you have to be to lose control of your vehicle on a road that is straight and dry?? And the wall was 30 feet off the road!
Old 07-08-2013, 10:34 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Centurion, Elite V C4, 2006 5.7L
No real bloopers to speak of, but we hit the lake saturday and in the afternoon I had to go pick up someone from the dock. Total amateur hour around there. People parked in front of the ramp with no sign of their tow vehicle, the standard bass boat tied to the dock with no owner/driver in sight, and the brand new boaters......I know we have all been there so I tried to coach them from my boat but they knew best started it up with out drive not down, almost backing in to other boats etc....Face meet Palm!!
Old 07-08-2013, 11:13 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, MariStar 200 VRS, 1998, LT1
Saw two separate direct drives launch and spin 180 degrees then tie up before leaving. Neither spin looked intentional. We always walk our v drive to the end of the dock then back out before turning around. Does anyone else intentionally turn 180 before leaving?
Old 07-08-2013, 11:26 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP Maristar View Post
Saw two separate direct drives launch and spin 180 degrees then tie up before leaving. Neither spin looked intentional. We always walk our v drive to the end of the dock then back out before turning around. Does anyone else intentionally turn 180 before leaving?
Only when making frothy circles and bat turns

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 07-15-2013, 01:48 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
This group had a dude shoulders deep walking around on the ramp trying assist loading this pontoon. As you can see, the ramp was somewhat busy. The damn boat almost fell off the trailer and onto the ramp before he had to dunk the boat a second time to straighten it out.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:55 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...