Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 02-22-2014, 09:09 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2003 Mastercraft X-30
Engine side panel carpet and floor access panel removal question

I removed the side panels from my 03 x30 and the previous owner/dealer got them pretty dirty (grease/dirt). The carpet is also pealing a little. I thought about just recarpeting them since it look pretty straight forward. Anyone got suggestions on a grey carpet for them? Should I just do black since its the sides of the motor?

Also, I wanted to take up the access panel in the center of the floor but it looks like it runs under the rear seat??? what do I have to remove to remove this panel. The boat is 2hrs away, so I can't look at it. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:01 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 X30 LTR
not sure what to recommend on the side panels. i'd just say to make sure they're ready for the heat of the motor. mine get pushed up against the risers when my bags are full. as far as the center floor piece. i never could figure how to get it out. it looks like it should just slide out after the two long screws are removed from the forward part of the panel. it seems like it is just sandwiched under the frames for the rear seats but even with the rear seat back out and the center frame removed to expose the tranny, i couldn't get mine to slide out. fortunately for me, tilting it up was enough to get access to what i needed.