Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-01-2006, 10:13 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Currently have Four
I'm not an expert here but...

I thought ND was formed after ZF was sold. It is not the same Company or the same design. Am I wrong? I wouldn't think that ND could/would build the replacement part you needed for your ZF tower. I thought you were contacting ND for advice.

When I dealt with ND on my tower I will say that their customer service in the way of returning calls and emails could have been a lot better. And, the "lady" who answers the phone was not always the most helpful which is why I always dealt directly with Wayne Hartford, the owner.

So let me get this straight. You have a broken ZF tower with apparent inferior materials/workmanship, and you unload on ND (not your tower manufacturer)? If you were going to be mad at anyone, I would think it would be ZF and MC in that order.

I wouldn't have the old tower welded until the MC dealer or ZF has a chance to inspect it (if you hope to get any satisfaction.) I certainly hope it all works out in your favor Mitch.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:43 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 PS205/1999 Manitou 24' party barge
who's unloading Dr? and who's mad? I'm not mad, I even used a smiley face. I said their customer support bit, which it did, and I said I would not recommend them, which I won't. That's unloading? pleeeze..... If they can't sell me a part, how can they help me? Yup sir, that there aluminum sure looks a lil thin at that weld and may need repairing have a nice day and look us up when you're in town,maybe we'll have a lemonaide?" The lady was frieking zero help..period. The tower part on their opening web page looks exactly/mysteriously like the part I need, and I was under the impression that ND has OEM built MC towers for some time, maybe I'm wrong. Been wrong before, but I thought ND was around in 02 when I was shopping for towers If I do need a tower part, where is MC gonna get it.... I believe the anwser is ND

I'm certainly not mad at MC or ZF in whatever order (chit happens). Emotion ain't gonna help solve this one Dr. I deal in facts/data. Right now I got a broken part I need a fixin', and I'm presently trying to throw cash at the problem to get my arse back on the water. It's a boat and I do expect it to break from time to time. Both my MC's have been very very good to me , and I'm still feeling the MC love , no matter how this works out... again no ND love here.....capiche
Old 06-01-2006, 10:55 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 04 210 Maristar
Mitch,

If your dealer is relunctant to replace the tube follow Kalanic's advice and have it repaired in the method he describes. It should not cost much to have that done. This is common with overheating aluminum IMO.

Good luck - Steve
Old 06-01-2006, 11:12 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maristar210
Mitch,

If your dealer is relunctant to replace the tube follow Kalanic's advice and have it repaired in the method he describes. It should not cost much to have that done. This is common with overheating aluminum IMO.

Good luck - Steve
Thanks Steve, I've taken a lot of notes from this thread, and appreciate the expertise!!

Summer's are very short in NE, so I can't wait for the dealer and MC to make a decision (then wait for the part). If I can get the part from him that would be a major bonus in my eyes, but I'll still have the welding done asap if the guy can do it and seems like he know's what's he's doing. I understand by having the repair done I'll potentially risk losing out on a potentially free part from MC. Hopefully I'll know more in the AM. Thanks again and good nite, I'm out...

Last edited by mitch; 06-01-2006 at 11:14 PM.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:28 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MasterCraft, Stars and Stripes, 1983, 351 W.
Send a message via AIM to SKI*MC Send a message via MSN to SKI*MC
wow, sorry to hear about your bad luck here. I hope everything gets worked out.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:05 AM
MC Addict

Boat: SN196
Send a message via AIM to rodltg2
maybe ND does suck ( they were great to me) but i agree you need to contact zeroflex for the part. ND makes zeroflex copies. they are close but not the same...i think and may be wrong but i think the relationship with zeroflex and ND is that wayne used to work there and started his own company. or something like that
Old 06-02-2006, 01:28 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2005 Prostar 197 / MCX
You may have gotten hold of someone with bad phone skills but ND may get alot of calls for stuff they didnt make
I am not sure they ever supplied mc zeroflex towers.. (refer to rodlt's story)
I had the name of the shop in TN that supplies zeroflex towers but I cannot remember it at the moment
Old 06-02-2006, 08:22 AM
MC Devotee

Rod, Who said ND sucks?? I never said that, I used 2 words do describe their "cust service" bit/useless. You hear nothing but good things about their towers, and as mentioned I've recommeneded them many times (I believe even when you were looking for a tower for your 197). Could not find Zeroflex's # back when I was looking for a tower and still can't find it. That would be very very helpful It was real nice of 'Zeroflex' to allow ND to produce exact dups of their tower design.

SKI*MC, thanks! I'm sure it'll all work out. I checked the rest of the tower out last nite, all seems strong, hopefully it's just that one weld, and I can get it behind me quik Cya!

Ric, If you do run across that number, pls. PM me. Thanks!
Old 06-02-2006, 09:45 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 205V
Mitch,

While we are sitting around waiting on decisions to be made, give me the length of the part you need (sorry don't have one here to measure). I may have one of these laying here. Starboard side, right?

Les Grossman
Old 06-02-2006, 12:16 PM
MC Devotee

You've got mail. Thanks again Mike!!!!!!