Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Storage / Winterization

Old 05-30-2006, 03:53 PM
Jaybird

Summerizing 96 MariStar 225

I purchased a 1996 Maristar 225 last summer and only used it about 10 times. I had it winterized by a dealer and figured I could get it ready by myself for the summer. I took off the shrinkwrap yesterday and with the V-drive I think I may have bit off more than I can chew. Is it a pretty complicated process that the dealer should do? (seeing as how they winterized it)

Help!
Old 05-30-2006, 04:40 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MC, 209, 2002, 310 HP
Shouldn't be too hard. I have a direct drive - so I don't know where to start. Do a search on this board to see if you can find some pointers. Check out the thread about frequently asked questions. Another place to start is by downloading information from Indmar engines - depending on which engine you have.

1. Make sure all belts are on correctly. Make sure all hoses are correctly attached.
2. Make sure all engine drain plugs are in.
3. If dealer filled engine with glycol - run engine with hose attached to drain before going to lift.
4. Change impellar, keep old one as a spare.

Others may have some more tips, but it should be pretty straight foreward - you may want to check with dealer on what they did to winterize boat - first place to start.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:46 PM
Jaybird

Thanks! Where can I find the FAQ's?
Old 05-30-2006, 04:49 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MC, 209, 2002, 310 HP
Just found it - tried to look earlier - here it is.

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=5427