Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakeboarding & Wakeskating

Old 05-29-2006, 10:30 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
Hydrofoilers, Check This Out!

I just happened to come across this website this morning and thought it was pretty cool. All you foilers out there (especially Airjunky), give us your input on this!
www.foilboarding.com
Old 05-29-2006, 10:42 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2004 Maristar 230 VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidog
I just happened to come across this website this morning and thought it was pretty cool. All you foilers out there (especially Airjunky), give us your input on this!
www.foilboarding.com
I've seen those, as well as surfboards with hydrofoils. As a rank rookie at hydrofoiling, I can barely handle the very sensitive up/down controls with the short lever-arm while sitting down. I can't even imagine how hard it would be standing up.

It's also worth noting that a longer lever arm from standing like that would mean higher velocity face-plants...
Old 05-29-2006, 10:52 AM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac
I've seen those, as well as surfboards with hydrofoils. As a rank rookie at hydrofoiling, I can barely handle the very sensitive up/down controls with the short lever-arm while sitting down. I can't even imagine how hard it would be standing up.

It's also worth noting that a longer lever arm from standing like that would mean higher velocity face-plants...

That did cross my mind as I was checking out this site! Imagine hitting a fish or some other object just under the water line! I've seen a good friend of mine hit a fish while riding her sitdown foil! One second she's there. the next second PLOW!!!!! Faceplant! Seems like a good helmet may be in order!
Old 05-29-2006, 01:50 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2005 X-30 MCX
Send a message via Yahoo to WakeSeeky
I'm with Bigmac, I can't imagine the balance required to ride one of those things. I bet you'd feel 10 feet tall when you did get up, but it would feel like that when you fell, too.
Old 05-29-2006, 03:45 PM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
Skidog, have you seen anything on that site about a Couchfoil or Reclinerfoil w/built in battery powered TV and cooler, I haven't, so lets investigate the idea and get it introduced into the watersports market.

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Old 05-29-2006, 03:58 PM
MC Addict

Thumbs up

No, I haven't seen either one of those. However, I am familier with the 'Michelob Ultra Foil'. It is supprisling easy to ride, but you can't ride too many times as it will affect ones senses! I would like to come up with an X-30 cleaning Foil though. Sure would make my life a whole hell of a lot easier! Just finished cleaning up the old girl after a weekend of beer, babes, and breasticles! Got to get her all shined up for the Silver Glen River Run next weekend!
Old 05-29-2006, 04:35 PM
MC Addict

bump, bump, bump
Old 05-29-2006, 05:43 PM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
Sounds to me like you was also filming a new "Brunswick Girls Gone Wild" video to get that much messed up on the boat and remove all the wax you just applied a week or so ago!

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.