Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 03-10-2006, 08:18 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
In the local course, there is no problem with aquatic vegetation. On our course, there is typically no problem with it this early in the year. As the water level drops, you start to see more of them.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:18 PM
Leroy

I was wanting ot make a course, but I've found this and want to try. For $25, they have private lake, course, instruction, provide the boat and driver. Only about 45 minutes away.
Attached Images

Old 03-10-2006, 08:20 PM
Leroy

Seems like you need to sprinkle a little of that veggie killer stuff around there!
Old 03-10-2006, 08:21 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: Prostar 190 1994
Looks like a good place to learn and have fun.
Man made lake?
Old 03-10-2006, 08:25 PM
Leroy

Yes, it's a bigger lake at one of the exits off the interstate. I've swam the lake many times back when I did triathlons.

The guy warned me the set up is very tight.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:26 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 1993 MASTERCRAFT PROSTAR 190 285HP 351 INDMAR
Sorry to answer Leroy but I believe the lake was originally designed for camping/fishing/swimming and even had a nice rec area. Not originally designed for skiing. Very nice lake though. I skied a long time ago there 89/90 at a very amatuer event!
Quote:
Originally Posted by André
Looks like a good place to learn and have fun.
Man made lake?

!UOY NAHT RETSAF MA I TUB KNURD EB YAM I
Old 03-10-2006, 08:31 PM
Leroy

No problem Bob, I meant it is one of the "lakes" they make when they make an exit and scoop dirt out to make the ramp for the bridge. Similar to the guys course up I-69 toward Ft Wayne.It still has the campground and stuff, drove by there last weekend on the way to Cincinnati.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:34 PM
MC Platinum

I do remember it being a little short but nothing like some friends in Ohio I have ski'd on. Talk about short! They run an 8 bouy course. You have to skip the first 2 on avery run but you can then use a much shorter lake. I have mentioned that many times before I am sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy
No problem Bob, I meant it is one of the "lakes" they make when they make an exit and scoop dirt out to make the ramp for the bridge. Similar to the guys course up I-69 toward Ft Wayne.It still has the campground and stuff, drove by there last weekend on the way to Cincinnati.

Old 03-10-2006, 08:41 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: Prostar 190 1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Bob
I do remember it being a little short but nothing like some friends in Ohio I have ski'd on. Talk about short! They run an 8 bouy course. You have to skip the first 2 on avery run but you can then use a much shorter lake. I have mentioned that many times before I am sure.
I thought about that.You can save about 275 feet on a man made lake.You would have to put more bouys(gates) of different colors to know where you're going.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:44 PM
MC Platinum

The more I think about it it is a great way to get a lake nobody has targeted for slalom and save tons of $$$. Most can be lenghtened later if you allow for it in the planning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by André
I thought about that.You can save about 275 feet on a man made lake.You would have to put more bouys(gates) of different colors to know where you're going.