Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 10-06-2004, 10:06 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1979 Stars and Stripes
Election 2004

Just curious as to what everybody thinks about the up coming elections....heres a link to a web site someone sent me in an email...

http://www.jibjab.com/

as for me these guys are gettin my vote
Old 10-06-2004, 10:58 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2000 MasterCraft ProStar 205 DD
Me 2!
Old 10-06-2004, 11:08 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2004 Prostar 209
The animation on that site was hysterical!
Old 10-06-2004, 11:44 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 1993 MASTERCRAFT PROSTAR 190 285HP 351 INDMAR
Vote!

I hope there are a lot of us! One thing is for sure the Texan does what he says and says what he does. No surprises!

!UOY NAHT RETSAF MA I TUB KNURD EB YAM I
Old 10-06-2004, 11:49 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1987 ProStar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriEOD
Me 2!
me too

Forest River Marine - South Bay Pontoons

The Bestul's
Old 10-07-2004, 12:11 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1992 Prostar 190-Its red
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriEOD
Me 2!
I cant vote yet but thats where i stand!

92 PS190 - Its red.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:22 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 06 prostar 197
Send a message via AIM to Cody
No, Democrats yet???

I won't be the first. I believe Bush is a man of his word and has made the world a better place. You really can't ask for mare than that can you?
Old 10-07-2004, 12:33 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1984 Stars and Stripes Ski 19 w/ 454
Wow.... a lot of Republicans on here.... Time to stir up the pot a bit! As a resident of Massachusetts I'm well aware of Kerry. He's not my ideal Presidential candidate. But I think he's a far better candidate than Bush. My reasoning.... (or at least two)

1.) Bush provoked a war we didn't need, can't afford (have you added up the $$$ we're spending on Iraq?) and that in my eyes puts us at greater risk for being a target because we've pissed off even more people. We are a powerfull nation, but need to learn to mind our own business from time to time. Millions are being displaced in Africa, we've labeled the Sudanese situation as Genocide (remember Hitler?) but we're not doing anything much to help there. Why not? As for terrorists, take all the money being spent in Iraq and put more police on the streets here to reduce the chances of terrosists being able to do anything bad and at the same time reduce the number of killings etc... from Americans killing Americans which is far larger than most attacks would be (~12,000 firearm related homicides occur every year). Heck, we've already spent $154 billion on this war and are on track to spend about another $50 billion PER YEAR we are there. THAT'S A TON OF MONEY. Like the funding 1,000,000 more cops at $50,000 per year! Iraq is about Bush's interests, his family's interests and his friend's interests (oh and by the way, war usually helps get politician's elected, especially ones who were very unsuccesful in getting any of their domestic policies passed.

2.) Bush has relaxed many of the environmental regulations. I love to water ski. I own a big gas guzzling boat and a big gas guzzling truck so I'm usually lumped in with being against environmental regulations. But I also believe that more efficient engines and protection for the waterways I enjoy are important. With Bush the EPA loses power to enforce existing laws. With Bush laws are rewritten to favor industry, not the environment and certainly not our pocketbooks. Do some research on the energy policy just passed and you'll see that you'll be paying more for energy and the environment will suffer.

I agree that Bush is a man of his word. The problem is that he's saying the wrong things!

Finally, I'd encourage everyone to go see Farenheight 9/11. It's a bit over the top and sensational. But the underlying facts are true and even if you ignore Moore's connecting the dots you will still see what kind of lazy, helping my friends before the American people, kind of President we have. I prefer the alternative.

Flame suit on

Last edited by sfitzgerald351; 10-07-2004 at 12:45 AM.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:51 AM
MC Fanatic

I thought these were well written articles supporting my viewpoint. They certainly do a better job than I do and have the facts documented for you.

http://www.nationalpriorities.org/is...ighcost/us.pdf

http://www.nationalpriorities.org/is...eatened/us.pdf
Old 10-07-2004, 01:11 AM
MC Fanatic

And hopefully none of this will get taken the wrong way, but will be understood to represent my opinion on why I will vote for the Democrats this round. I certainly respect everyone's opinion the other way and love the fact that at the end of the day we can disagree and still go ski together. And to those in the service, although I don't think we need to be in Iraq I'm glad you're on my side in the end. If we ever meet, I'll buy the first tank of gas.