Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakeboarding & Wakeskating

Old 05-10-2006, 10:20 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2002 Mastercraft X-7
weighting options

I recently got a X-7 with no ballast bag in it at all. The only thing i do is wakeboard and wakeskate, but Im wondering how everybody out there weights their boats? There isnt much room in my boat I have a 550 lb bag I was thinking about puting up front and buying a 750lb bag to hook up to the factory pump. and getting a few 500ish lb. bags for either side of the engine. what you think?
Old 05-10-2006, 10:45 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 MasterCraft ProStar 197
Send a message via AIM to erkoehler Send a message via MSN to erkoehler
Sounds like that would work, but why didn't you just buy a v-drive?
Old 05-11-2006, 09:53 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '02 X5 a.k.a."Lil Mule"
Sure, Erk - what's another ten grand spread out over 15 years...

Mike, my buddy has an X-7 - he just has a #750 in the back and the wake is pretty sweet with a few riders in the boat toward the center and front.

With all the sacks you have listed - that's a lot of weight. I guess you guys are experienced riders to want that much weight in the boat. You could always fill them partially and if you'll have riders in the boat you won't need that much - the boat may not even plane. Ultimately, I think you want to place the majority of the weight around the engine and toward the center of the boat - maybe a little more toward the back for a peakier wake, if that's what you like.

I prefer the Launch Pad #350 side sacks for each side of the engine. They fit nicely, aren't too bulky and you could save some coin. I think you could use the #550 that you have in the back and get the two #350's for the side and be set...especially if you'll have riders in the boat that you can shift around. If you have a boat full of people you could always just use the #350's on the side and have the back seat to use and the wake will still be nice. Another set-up if you have people in the boat would be to put one #350 up front in the walkway and the #550 in the back...that way you wouldn't have to walk over the side sacks all the time.

Anyways, enjoy the new boat and post up some pics for everyone to check it out.