Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Appearance

Old 05-02-2006, 04:57 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1995 barefoot200;;;2004 X9 MCX
boat cover....

got a call from the lake the other week to say that my mooring cover was billowing around and had ripped....on inspection it had ripped at the point where the rear tiedowns connect to the cover and had "laddered"about 2ft......surely this should'nt happen to a cover thats only 2 1/2 yrs old and is stored in the winter????

i now have to bring it home of a weekend until its repaired or i buy a new one.......anyone know how much they are???? full length mooring cover

2004 X9 MCX ALL BLACK

http://www.prwb.net/tallington/index.php?id=12

nice older x-boat at berth in the advertisment above
Old 05-02-2006, 09:08 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 MasterCraft ProStar 197
Send a message via AIM to erkoehler Send a message via MSN to erkoehler
If you go with the MasterCraft one, I believe that they are between 6-$700. usd.

I would check skiboatcovers.com and replace it through them.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:58 AM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Sizzler, mine (at 12 years old) developed some rips at the tie downs and on a seam. I had it repaired and has done great. Ran me about 75 USD. I'd go that route if it's just at the tie down attachment points.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:50 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001, Maristar 230 VRS, 330HP LTR
Send a message via AIM to maristarman Send a message via Yahoo to maristarman
Just need a cheap cover to keep the dust out

Anyone have any recommendations?

I've already got a heavy duty, waterproof, trailerable cover, but it doesn't breathe.

Am looking for something light duty for the summer.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:52 PM
MC Hero

On my old boat, I found a cover sized by length and style on ebay. Ran me about $50 and did great on an old I/O stored outdoors.

Don't know if they still sell them there, but I could spot the ad if I saw it.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:42 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1995 barefoot200;;;2004 X9 MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier
Sizzler, mine (at 12 years old) developed some rips at the tie downs and on a seam. I had it repaired and has done great. Ran me about 75 USD. I'd go that route if it's just at the tie down attachment points.
came back from the repairers yesterday.....had the vulnerable areas doubled-up, and had some extra "flaps,'a la ol' school" added to the sides.....will add extra tie downs to stop the flapping......cost me about 80....

2004 X9 MCX ALL BLACK

http://www.prwb.net/tallington/index.php?id=12

nice older x-boat at berth in the advertisment above
Old 05-03-2006, 10:10 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1989 Prostar 190, 351 Indmar
Quote:
Originally Posted by maristarman

I've already got a heavy duty, waterproof, trailerable cover, but it doesn't breathe.

I got the cheap one from Overton's a few years back. It seems to breathe well. Of course, it also leaked like crazy right after the warranty expired. The fabric is so thin now that I can almost see through it. I don't think even 303 will fix it, but we'll see soon! For me, it's a great cover for the 2 days a year that I have the safety bar off and there's no rain in the forecast.
1989 ProStar 190 with "Safe T Top", 351 Ford, GT 40 heads painted Ford Blue, Elec. Ign, 1:1, 720 hours, 4 blade prop, PP 6.5, removable platform brackets, custom color from factory, hot water shower, Boat Buddy & LED lights on trailer
2010 D3 Z7, 2 @ 32 off, 34 mph so far
Old 05-03-2006, 10:36 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X5 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by maristarman

If aeration is your concern and want your good cover to breath, I saw a cool system on my friend's new custom fit cover for his MC. It consist of 2 little plastic vents inserted in the cover that allows airflow through it but prevents rain to get in. A bit similar but smaller to house roof vents (but smaller).
I will be looking for a similar kit in the next few days for my new MC cover as I just got a realy bad experience with mold this last week-end.
JC
Old 05-03-2006, 11:09 AM
MC Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzler
came back from the repairers yesterday.....had the vulnerable areas doubled-up, and had some extra "flaps,'a la ol' school" added to the sides.....will add extra tie downs to stop the flapping......cost me about 80....
Money well spent. I had some of the spots on mine reinforced with sunbrella.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

Old 05-03-2006, 01:32 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2005 197 TT
I HAD TO MODIFY MY MC COVER TO ACCOMODATE TIE OFF LINES...2005 tt 197...ITS BEING DONE NOW...I CANT BELIEVE I DIDNT CHECK WITH YOU GUYS FIRST ON THIS...ANY SUGGESTIONS?

ALSO...WHAT IS THE 2 PIECES OF VELCRO FOR ON THE COVER? ONE ON EACH SIDE?

AND ON THE TRAILER, STARBOARD SIDE, WHAT IS THAT CLIP ON THE TRAILER ON THE WHEEEL COVER?