Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 09-30-2004, 06:04 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MC Maristar 225 VRS 1994 350TBI
Proof that women are all about money

My buddy needed some help today to move TWO 911 guards red porsches... BOTH of these cars ( 91 & 97) are like NEW... I should add that this is the buddy who originated "Move em in and Move em out"..

First stop light a young girl ( I am 49) pulls up and honks and waves at me.. Been so long, and it NEVER happens in the Subaru wagon, that I looked over next to me thinking it was the car to my right. NOPE. looked back and she was all smiles...

The Pair of us ended up first at a stop light next to each other.. I gotta admit, two RED 911's must have looked pretty cool lined up like little brothers ready to race.. The traffic across the street coming at us was going ape $hit.. Hands out waving, horns honking, I thought I died and came back looking like Ben Affleck... Or maybe a younger Robert Redford..

Drove by a bus stop with two GOOD looking 20 year olds WAving and yelling to stop.. I just shook my head....

Now, it had been a while since I had been in one of these 911's and I had forgotten how it seemed to melt the panties off of women, but how shallow do they get..

Best story is the owner of these, Ken, drives his ford pickup most of the time. He usually uses the drive thru at the bank and the tellers say nothing.. Same tellers ( female) and when he is in the porsche its, " HI KEN, we havent seen you in a while".. Yeah like YESTERDAY in my PICKUP...
Then we stopped at a store.. When we came back out there were some notes on the Windshield with a womans name and phone #..... "ITS all about MONEY baby"..........

OH yeah, the cars are UNBELIEVABLE to drive also.....
Old 09-30-2004, 07:27 PM
MC Addict

Boat: Tubtime Tugboat
Send a message via MSN to bcampbe7
That's hilarious Rick... Problem is is that those are exactly the women to stay away from!

I think it's funny how people (not necessarily women) react to material things. Funny thing is that the wealthiest people don't look like it most of the time. My brother-in-law is a financial advisor. His wealthiest clients show-up at his office in t-shirts and jeans.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:22 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2004 Prostar 209
Thank god I never have that problem driving the Vette. Seems like they all like the German cars.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:49 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MC Maristar 225 VRS 1994 350TBI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag_Red
Thank god I never have that problem driving the Vette. Seems like they all like the German cars.
UH HUH, I bet you tell the "boating mate" that baloney also....
Old 09-30-2004, 09:27 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakes Rick
UH HUH, I bet you tell the "boating mate" that baloney also....
LOL She knows I only have eyes for her Actually ......chicks dig foreign cars.......they know the MSRP of a Porsche, Mercedes, and BMW's are for the most part higher. Maybe gold diggers don't realize how much a Vette convertible actually cost. I have always found that I had more chicks falling over me when I had my boats ( This is a reference to past girl friends). Of course that all ended when the boating season came to a close. ( this is, in no way, a reference to "Boating Mate"....she is definately the exception)

Last edited by Mag_Red; 10-04-2004 at 08:31 PM.
Old 10-01-2004, 07:32 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 MariStar, Predator Engine
Guess I need a car, the Navigator is not a babe magnet. But, it does pull a MC very nicely.

Too bad boating season is over up north, I'll be thinking of ya'll tomorrow.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:37 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
women

i get the same treatment at lights! it's not my bald head or 1996 gmc jimmy. it must be the blue prostar behind me!

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :
Old 10-01-2004, 10:16 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: None
Send a message via AIM to aprgriggs Send a message via Yahoo to aprgriggs
Its not about the money....its the car. You guys could be broke driving around in your dads car and we don't care. Girls like to be in a good looking 911 as much as you guys do.

And yes I am jealous...97 Porsche 911 is my dream car...it was the last year they were air cooled.
Old 10-01-2004, 10:22 AM
MC Master Poster

"If I could, I'd trade it all for a little more."

C. Montomery Burns

"It's not about the money....it's the car."???? How does someone get the car without having (or having had) the money? Unless the women who want someone with this kind of car don't mind a guy who's totally in debt.

I don't see Oprah giving away European performance cars, do you?
Old 10-01-2004, 10:49 AM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN
I don't see Oprah giving away European performance cars, do you?
Actually General Motors supplied the cars for the give away. Oprah wasn't out a red cent!