Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 11-24-2017, 11:24 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Tige 21v
WOW! I am blown away!

Words can hardly describe the feeling I get when I hear awesome stories from across the country about sharing water sports with those that are less fortunate. I was watching this video from 2010 and makes me realize how far Wake the World has spread. At the time the video was made, the only events were in North Carolina and Texas (around 30 boats total). This last year, 43 events in 28 states! (450+ boats).

Thank you to everyone out there that loves to share water sports with others. If you are the kind of person that loves sharing water sports with others, let me know. It has never been easier to start your own Wake the World event. Come join our family! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXs5zTQYBc0&t=1s
Old 11-24-2017, 02:27 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 X 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wake the World View Post
Words can hardly describe the feeling I get when I hear awesome stories from across the country about sharing water sports with those that are less fortunate. I was watching this video from 2010 and makes me realize how far Wake the World has spread. At the time the video was made, the only events were in North Carolina and Texas (around 30 boats total). This last year, 43 events in 28 states! (450+ boats).

Thank you to everyone out there that loves to share water sports with others. If you are the kind of person that loves sharing water sports with others, let me know. It has never been easier to start your own Wake the World event. Come join our family! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXs5zTQYBc0&t=1s
Not just in the states. I participated in Wake the World in Alberta Canada a couple years back. It was a great event. The kids were so grateful and all 8 of them on my boat got up on a wake board. It was great to see the satisfaction on their faces as they learned something new. Then I pulled out the (borrowed) tube and we went tubing. Great event.
Old 11-24-2017, 02:29 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
It’s something I’ll never miss! See you next year at WTW Texas!

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018

Details released 12/17!!!!

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
1985 S&S
Old 11-26-2017, 11:03 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: X-45 finally better then x-10
I'm on my 5th year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-26-2017, 11:22 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2006 X-1 (my sixth MC)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wake the World View Post

I hope you understand the massive movement that you started.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:57 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1998 MariStar 225VRS
Two years in, and God willing, I'll be back for a 3rd next year at WTW Texas!

1998 MariStar 225VRS, 350ci LT1

Authorized Dealer for
Old 11-28-2017, 09:17 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2007 X15 MCX with every option
Did my first year with the boat here in Minnesota.

It was a moving experience and met some great people!
Old 12-06-2017, 07:48 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Tige 21v
And it is not just about water sports.

These kids need encouragement. I dare say that there is no one more encouraging than a boat driver trying to get you up for the first time. Think about when you learned, how many times did the driver say, "Try it again one more time."

Most of these kids come from homes that are living off the system and have no desire to do better. Entitlement programs have sucked the ambition out of them. Spending time on the water with someone, helping them overcome their fears, and sharing their joy of success, that is where real differences can be made. It is not just about the day. It is about changing your perspective of what is possible. We have had kids come back years later and say that they were in college now because of the encouragement they received at the lake. The impact you can have on a child's life by spending an afternoon with them is worth way more and has a longer lasting effect than money.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:39 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, X35, 2011, 6.0
This is amazing! We will definitely be watching for one close to Southern Indiana / Kentucky / Southern Illinois area! Love sharing the fun!