Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Find A Pull / Give a Pull

Old 09-30-2018, 09:52 PM
TT Regular

Lake Anna VA I will pull and train anyone

If anyone is interested in a pull at Lake Anna VA (Slalom and kneeboard only) I will offer up.

I am an Official with the USA Waterski Association, Safe Sport Certified, and hold USA Waterski / Wakeboarding Association Trained Driver ratings.

Hit me in PM. All I ask is a pull or 10 in return!
Attached Images

Now I have a boat so I can't afford it anymore.
Old 09-30-2018, 10:07 PM
TT Regular

I am also interested in starting a local, fully accredited, USA Waterski club, fully officiated and ranked in stats, here at Lake Anna. I have a portable slalom course, fully deployable with a 26 minute deploy / recovery time, and a nice slice of lake to use it on.

If anyone is interested, hit me!

Old 10-01-2018, 09:28 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X-14 MCX w/Powerslot
Congrats on the cert! Did you chat with LKA civic assoc yet? There's a guy on here at LKA, upper part, whose kid is placed well in nationals this year.
Portable course? I'm in!
I'm signing up TDOT too.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:23 AM
TT Regular

Hey Ryan,

Got your text. I asked my neighbor who is on the LACA comittee, and he says portable courses are fine, but I'd have to get Dominion to approve location of a permanent course.

Don't know if there is a need to even go that far using the portable. It's pretty solid.

I went with the cheapest "Insta-Slalom" build. $995.00 and free shipping. EASY deploy / recovery on this thing.

https://www.insta-slalom.com/proddet...?prod=001-P101

Pretty sweet. It says "fully assembled" and it was, mostly, lol.

Old 10-01-2018, 05:45 PM
MC Addict

Boat: nothing worth mentioning...
Wow, wish I got this invitation a couple months ago! Some family members who live up that way rent a house on Lake Anna for a week every year in August. I've never been because we live in FL and, besides, the only boats they have are kayaks and a little jon boat (i.e., no skiing ). Maybe next year?

Former boats:
2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
1990 Prostar 190
Old 10-04-2018, 06:19 PM
TT Regular

Sure thing. I'll shoot you the info, all you will need is a USA Waterski grassroots (or daily) membership for insurance reasons.

Working on getting the "Lake Anna Waterski Club" up and running and official, more to come. Corey Vaughn is going to help get us started, and supply RADAR Ski gear to use/demo. Should be good by early spring.

Will FYI soon, all is underway!

PM me and we can trade numbers.

Old 10-30-2018, 09:58 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Sold X-Star 2010 -2019 Prostar
Iím in!
Old 11-01-2018, 08:13 PM
TT Regular

Sweet! I know it is winterization time, but this is exactly when we make plans.

Hit me in PM, we can trade numbers.

Old 11-01-2018, 10:16 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1987 Prostar 190 PowerSlot, 2004 22' Bennington Pontoon 90 HP Mercury 4-stroke
I'm on the warm side at Lake Anna and tried a few years ago to get a permit from Dominion for a permanent course and was basically told "we don't issue those anymore... to many issues with the locals" (whatever that means). I wanted to put it up for our kids and the kids in our neighborhood and expressed how important it was for kids to be able to participate in real sports but to no avail. I suspect this is another version of the fisherman vs. skier relationship. Not trying to point fingers here as there are A-holes on both sides that create problems for all of us. Just unfortunate that things can't work out.

That said, I'm not sure you need to get dominion's approval on the cool side but I could be wrong... I don't believe they have any jurisdiction there.

I'd have to do the math but I think a slalom course takes up about 1.5 acres and given that the entire lake is over 13,000 acres you'd think that they could spare 1.5 acres for something that is a little different but that argument didn't work either.

I did put up a DIY temporary course and got a full day of enjoyment out of it. It was too much of a hassle though to do frequently. I considered going rogue and putting a submersible course in but came to the realization that there just wasn't enough interest in our household to justify that.

good luck. I may look you up as my youngest daughter still skis frequently. her cousin (my niece) is a competitive three-event skier in Missouri.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:05 AM
TT Regular

Thanks for that info Lance. I am thinking that I will just leave the course in a couple of weekdays at a time. It's not too bad putting in / retrieving if I have enough interest to ski all day for a few days.

Other than that, if you are interested in private lake skiing with a full-time course and crew (and a 2019 ProStar) , just get a USAWS "grass roots" membership and join us at the Bum Pass Ski Club next season. It's 15 minutes from the lake depending on where you are.