Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-21-2012, 12:42 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2011 X2 5.7 Ilmor
Yup, very nice boat. Welcome to the forum and have a nice weekend on the water!!
Old 07-22-2012, 11:05 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1994 MasterCraft ProStar 190
'94 ProStar 190

My "new to me" 1994 ProStar 190. Bought it from my Dad this summer. Absolutely love this boat, its wake, EFI, 4 blade, great interior, etc. I just put a coat of wax on it this afternoon before putting it back in the garage until next weekend!
Attached Images

Old 07-25-2012, 08:28 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 MasterCraft Prostar 209
Prop for ProStar 209?

This is my second boat I've owned, however, I've never thought about replacing the prop or anything.

I have a 2004 ProStar 209. I was wondering if anyone has had success with a specific prop for this boat? I assume I'm using the factory prop at the moment. I guess I can't complain about it. I didn't know if I would notice a huge change by switching to another.

I would be looking for a prop that is suitable for slalom skiing. I figured I would post it to this thread considering a bunch of ProStar owners attend.

Are props fairly universal among all inboards or are certain props better than others depending on the boat? I'm new to this so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 07-25-2012, 07:48 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 197, 2003, 5.7L Indmar 310HP
I recently put a 3 blade OJ on my 197 and it substantially improved the bottom end. Admittedly, my old prop was pretty beat, but the 3 blade made a big difference for me. Reach out to Eric at OJ and he will get you set up with the right prop.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:16 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1986 Mastercraft, 19 Skier, PCM Ford 351
Send a message via AIM to Covi Send a message via Skype™ to Covi
Today during work I found myself a few miles from Lake Dunmore VT. I have only seen this lake one other time and it was frozen solid shut down. So what better to take a little detour and take a ride around it (by truck). About 3/4 of the way around I noticed the public boat launch and marina. You got it I had to stop and check it out. As I got out of my truck and started to walk down towards the ramp I heard a very familiar noise. Yep the sound of an inboard start up. So I decided to get a closer look. No kidding pulling out of the gas dock was a F*&^%King 03 35th anniversary. My jaw hit the pavement. I was speechless. Normally I would have called the older gentleman and his wife over to chat. But the cat got my tongue. I didn't know what to do. I even had a couple of cameras with me and didn't even get a shot off. WHO WERE YOU? Are you a fellow TT'r? Nice boat. It sounded incredible. Very different from any other MC I have heard. WOW!
Old 07-26-2012, 09:13 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft ProStar 190 1999 330HP Powerslot - 1st MC 1987 ProStar Current 2012 ProStar 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Covi View Post
Today during work I found myself a few miles from Lake Dunmore VT. I have only seen this lake one other time and it was frozen solid shut down. So what better to take a little detour and take a ride around it (by truck). About 3/4 of the way around I noticed the public boat launch and marina. You got it I had to stop and check it out. As I got out of my truck and started to walk down towards the ramp I heard a very familiar noise. Yep the sound of an inboard start up. So I decided to get a closer look. No kidding pulling out of the gas dock was a F*&^%King 03 35th anniversary. My jaw hit the pavement. I was speechless. Normally I would have called the older gentleman and his wife over to chat. But the cat got my tongue. I didn't know what to do. I even had a couple of cameras with me and didn't even get a shot off. WHO WERE YOU? Are you a fellow TT'r? Nice boat. It sounded incredible. Very different from any other MC I have heard. WOW!
Covi, first of all I too LOVE that boat!! In fact there is one for sale in Vermont that was on this website about 3 weeks ago. I reached out to him because I was actually considering looking at it but....the wife shot that down due to new kitchen we just put in. So I wonder if that was him?? He lives in NJ but uses the boat in Vermont!! She is a beauty!!!!
Old 07-26-2012, 10:27 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1986 Mastercraft, 19 Skier, PCM Ford 351
Send a message via AIM to Covi Send a message via Skype™ to Covi
Got to be. I cant tell you how nice of a rumble it made. Not many around.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:46 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 1994 Prostar 205
New 94.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:08 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spence View Post
New 94.

Darn nice looking boat.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Packages Starting at $569
4 Aluminum 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount, balance & delivery.

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $319
2 Aluminum 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount, balance & delivery.

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $125 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 07-27-2012, 11:41 AM
TT Hero

Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1993 Prostar 190 Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Covi View Post
Covi,

Was it this one? I love the 35th boats!

http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=48198