Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 04-30-2015, 11:28 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft X10 2015 Gen2
Finally part of the team! New 2015 X10

I wanted to introduce myself properly. I just took delivery of a 2015 X10. We have been out two days so far on the boat and couldn't be happier. If you are in the Northern California area and looking for a Mastercraft give NorCal Mastercraft a call they are top notch! We purchased ours through the Dublin branch.

My fiancÚ and I started looking at new boats, but she kept coming back to the quality of the MC. I knew what I wanted in a boat and she was between the X2 and X10 but what really sold her on the X10 was the rear seat and the extra space. She's a keeper because that's the one I was going to get anyway. The boat has the Gen2 wake system that I absolutely love! I also enjoy the ski/board/surf setting since we do like to go board for a little and empty the tank to party the rest of the day away.

After two days on it, I have some things we want to change and/or customize. I have all ready added Sirius XM to the boat. I know a lot of people add the BT200 instead, but I was content with the BT100. I also want the flexibility to listen to something else or not worry about the music. I will be adding the net storage for ropes soon, along with tower speakers and lights.

We are excited to start learning this boat and spending time out on the water. We spend most of our time out on the delta in Northern California, but also have family that has a house on Lake Shasta that we visit a lot.

Here are a couple pictures from delivery day. I will get some better ones when we go out this weekend.

Last edited by DeltaRidin'X; 04-30-2015 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-30-2015, 11:29 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
Nice looking boat.
Old 04-30-2015, 11:30 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Demo
Congratulations! Good looking X10! What is the "safe storage" you mentioned?
Old 04-30-2015, 11:31 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1991 Maristar 240 Open Bow w/ 454
I cant see the boat
Old 04-30-2015, 11:43 AM
TT Regular

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattSterCraft View Post
Congratulations! Good looking X10! What is the "safe storage" you mentioned?
Sorry that was a typo. I meant to say "adding the net storage for ropes soon".

Old 04-30-2015, 11:44 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: changes every month
Gotta let me know how hot the black gets realistically on a hot day.. Would love to do a grey top color but don't think we can get away with it down here in FL
Old 04-30-2015, 11:55 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2014 X10
Sweet! Mine gets delivered in 23 hours. - also an x10. What motor do you have? Initial impressions of boat seem like you r happy
Old 04-30-2015, 11:58 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
beautiful boat and make sure you keep posting in the swimsuit thread!
Old 04-30-2015, 12:08 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrjtt View Post
Gotta let me know how hot the black gets realistically on a hot day.. Would love to do a grey top color but don't think we can get away with it down here in FL
So far the black is OK, but the grey on the walk through and ski plat form get really hot. I will be pluming in a filter system with a wash down to help keep the boat cool.

I'll try to get back to you after this weekend since it will be low 90's this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdwb View Post
Sweet! Mine gets delivered in 23 hours. - also an x10. What motor do you have? Initial impressions of boat seem like you r happy
Awesome! Mine has the 5.7l in it. The auto launch really helps get the boat out of the water and on plane. With full ballast and the plug and play's full it does take a little more to get it going at wake boarding speed but not bad. The only thing that I have found that I need to look into more is with the ballast full and going beyond 25ish the boat wants to porpoise and the faster you go the worse it gets. I think the slution will be to add my extra fat sac's that i have to the front to off set the plug and play's.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:11 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2001 Prostar 205V
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaRidin'X View Post
So far the black is OK, but the grey on the walk through and ski plat form get really hot. I will be pluming in a filter system with a wash down to help keep the boat cool.

I'll try to get back to you after this weekend since it will be low 90's this weekend.

Awesome! Mine has the 5.7l in it. The auto launch really helps get the boat out of the water and on plane. With full ballast and the plug and play's full it does take a little more to get it going at wake boarding speed but not bad. The only thing that I have found that I need to look into more is with the ballast full and going beyond 25ish the boat wants to porpoise and the faster you go the worse it gets.
Would also be interested to know as I am trying to re-upholster my sunpad.

As for the porpoising, I think you are going to want a bit more weight up front / the middle or take a bit out of the back. At least that is how I corrected it on mine.

Tags
2015, new member, x10