Looking at getting one.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:08 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
thats cool
Old 06-15-2017, 11:31 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '13 X2 Pro Gen2, '98 30th Anniv PS190- SOLD-
Been using a Crary weed roller for 5 yrs now and it works great for turning muck into beautiful firm sandy bottom to walk on and preventing/eliminating weed growth. However it can be a PITA to move around yourself or into deeper water say at the end of a dock. And you can't use it in areas after we install the dock and boat lift.

So we are considering picking up an Aqua Blaster or Aqua Thruster to help with keeping the beach area nice. Would be perfect for cleaning under the dock and boat lift areas IMO.

SOLD - 1998 30th Anniversary ProStar 190

Old 06-15-2017, 12:45 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 X2, Pontoon, Nitro 882
i need this.. wow pretty expensive howerver.
Old 06-15-2017, 01:31 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 77 S&S, 1983 S&& PS, and now a 98 Anniversary S&S LT1 PS
I use one. It's not the one you have listed but it works in a similar way (it's called Aqua Sweep by Scott Aerator).
It works very well to move water and help with muck. It is a lot easier to move around than a Weed Roller, but the truth is that the combination of the roller and a Thruster would be the Cats meow.

If you choose the Thruster, get at least the 3/4 hp model, and the Oscillator option. Otherwise you will be out at the end constantly manually moving the nozzle direction. I have the Oscillator and can tell you it's worth the money.
Old 06-15-2017, 02:06 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: PS197
We had the Scott Aerator but got the aqua thruster after it died. The 3/4hp aqua thruster is much more powerful, almost too powerful. (but magically it uses less energy, I'm an EE and still don't get it, but i digress). It's dug a pretty deep hole right in front so I'm constantly adjusting the dock legs. We mainly use it to keep the weeds from washing up on the beach so we have it 1' below the waters surface.
I'm not sure how good it is for muck , is that what you're looking to get it for?
Old 06-16-2017, 12:28 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Master Craft, Sport Start, 2000
Thumbs up

We bought the aqua thruster last year for our cabin right after our neighbor got his because it worked so well for him. Only took about 2 weeks to clear about 6 inches of silt off our beach. It cleared a pretty large area around our dock. I suggest getting the one that mounts to your dock post. yeah it is kind of expensive but well worth the investment.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:05 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1993 Mastercraft BF 200 Yamaha 200
Well I did buy it yesterday. I got the 1 hp as we have a long ways out to deep water and it is really really really bad in front of our lot. We don't move in for a couple of weeks but I was going to be driving by the company so I picked one up. I did not get the unit to auto rotate it at this time. I put it on my father in laws dock last night and I can already tell you I will be getting that.

Yes the cost is high but the only way we could afford to get on the lake was to buy a place that was not all sugar sand and needed some work. I know a few of the owners just down from us and they all have them. I just wanted input from others as well.

There is also a guy on our lake with a weed cutter and I got to see that working last night. I will be hiring him as soon as we close! That thing really worked good. If someone is looking for a side business....... there you go!

Thanks
Old 06-16-2017, 02:21 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 77 S&S, 1983 S&& PS, and now a 98 Anniversary S&S LT1 PS
Good choice. You can always add the rotator.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:22 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 454 Arriva
Aqua thruster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
Has anyone used the Aqua Thruster?

http://weedersdigest.com/aqua-thrust...ention-blower/

Looking at getting one.
Hi. Was looking for a place to post/sell my 1hp aqua thruster w 360 oscillator - and came across your thread. I purchased in late May. Works great- very effective- but spendy. My lake home just sold and I'm moving to AZ. Won't be needing it there! New owners from CA- don't want it. Bought from Weeders Digest/Msp. Pd $2300+ Like new condition- could send photos. Has 2 yr warranty. Do you know of anyone who would be interested?
Thanks for your time.