Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 04-15-2011, 06:04 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1983 Skier 190 Stars and Stripes
Very nice these new pictures of the boats is making me all warm and fuzzy inside....wait thats the beer.

JTR
"The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of GREED-the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of all men will pass, and dictators die and the power they took from the people will return to the people and so long as men die Liberty will never perish."
-Charles Chaplin-
Old 04-15-2011, 08:19 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1979 MasterCraft Stars & Stripes
Thanks, ThatsMrMastercraft! I've sure enjoyed her. My brother had a '77, which is where my affinity for the S&S began. My only complaints are: A. It's ridiculously difficult to find parts, etc; and B. I know absolutely nothing about technical information. It seems that nearly every related subject requires learning a new language. For example, I'm really wanting to put a stereo in the boat as I'm a musician and a music fanatic. I want to just run my iPod through an amp, etc, which sound so simple. But I then get bogged down in all the BS about, "Will these speakers sound right with this amp, and all these little symbols next to numbers and how many watts does it really have and blah, blah, blah. Know what I mean? And, yeah, I've checked and read all the threads here and it's just more information than I care to digest. What's so strange to me, though, is that there are a million "experts" out there on the subject, but in four upgraded stereo installations costing in the thousands of dollars, I have NEVER had ONE turn out without major problems. I've spent over two thousand dollars on amps alone on my Dodge 2500 and I still can't find the right "expert." Unreal.

Ok, anyway, enough of that. I hope to be on the lake next weekend or the weekend following. Can't wait!
Old 04-15-2011, 08:30 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewPull View Post
Thanks, ThatsMrMastercraft! I've sure enjoyed her. My brother had a '77, which is where my affinity for the S&S began. My only complaints are: A. It's ridiculously difficult to find parts, etc; and B. I know absolutely nothing about technical information. It seems that nearly every related subject requires learning a new language. For example, I'm really wanting to put a stereo in the boat as I'm a musician and a music fanatic. I want to just run my iPod through an amp, etc, which sound so simple. But I then get bogged down in all the BS about, "Will these speakers sound right with this amp, and all these little symbols next to numbers and how many watts does it really have and blah, blah, blah. Know what I mean? And, yeah, I've checked and read all the threads here and it's just more information than I care to digest. What's so strange to me, though, is that there are a million "experts" out there on the subject, but in four upgraded stereo installations costing in the thousands of dollars, I have NEVER had ONE turn out without major problems. I've spent over two thousand dollars on amps alone on my Dodge 2500 and I still can't find the right "expert." Unreal.

Ok, anyway, enough of that. I hope to be on the lake next weekend or the weekend following. Can't wait!

LOL!

Love these boats, they are not that bad just gotta take your time to learn em. Kinda like women.

JTR
"The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of GREED-the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of all men will pass, and dictators die and the power they took from the people will return to the people and so long as men die Liberty will never perish."
-Charles Chaplin-
Old 04-15-2011, 08:46 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewPull View Post

It's kind of like being a musicain, you wouldn't just buy any mic to sing in, would you? With everything in life having some knowledge about your equipment will really help get the most out of it.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:02 PM
TT Regular

Oh, heeell! I LOVE, LOVE, LOOOOOOOOVE my boat. My favorite thing about it is when I pull into a cove somewhere and there are a-hunnerd wakeboard boats that all look relatively the same and cost eighty grand. They're usually playin' a bunch of crappy hip-hop and have a bunch o' girls you'd never introduce you mom to dancing on the bow. They all stop and stare and give the thumbs up and ask what year, etc, etc. I laugh to myself when I remember the boat only cost me $3850! I pretty much stole it. But it's run like a top from day one. It may be a bit smaller, but that eliminates the possibility of having a bunch o' idiots aboard!

Now, I'm not against all that stuff I mentioned about those other boaters above - I ain't a snob. Just sayin' that I think it's hilarious how you can either spend 50 to over 100k for your "cool" boat that looks like everything else on the lake, or you can buy a Stars & Stripes for a fraction of that and have a boat that's so much finer. I'm just a guy who loves the classic iron when it comes to anything with a motor. It's the same thing when I pull up in my '66 Chevelle SS with ghost flames next to a guy in a porsche at a stop light. I just smile real big when the driver gives the thumb!
Old 04-16-2011, 08:13 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03geetee View Post
LOL!

Love these boats, they are not that bad just gotta take your time to learn em. Kinda like women.

JTR
I must be a bad student because I have only had my '77 a couple years and we completely understand each other and I have yet to find a woman that I can say the same about.

Tandem Axle Trailer Special
Includes: 4 T07 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda
Loadstar KR03 Radial tires, mount and balance
Free Delivery

ALUMINUM WHEEL AND TIRE PACKAGES
SINGLE AXLE 14" PACKAGE STARTING AT $369
SINGLE AXLE 15" PACKAGE STARTING AT $439
TANDEM AXLE 14" PACKAGE STARTING AT $649
LED lights, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts
GOLF CART TIRES & WHEELS

PM me or email tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 04-16-2011, 09:28 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
I must be a bad student because I have only had my '77 a couple years and we completely understand each other and I have yet to find a woman that I can say the same about.
^

Ha! I got lucky I guess, my old lady is great and just gets me. Now lets just hope my little girl doesnt grow up and turn her against me, all I have is my dog harley so Im screwed!

JTR
-Charles Chaplin-
Old 04-16-2011, 03:33 PM
TT Regular

Women are a mystery, no doubt. But I always find consolation when I think of the old acronym referring to women that stands for Can't Understand Normal Thinking (thought I'd refrain from actually spelling it out). I honestly everyone is pretty much 'tarded. Except me, of course. I'm "Norml."
Old 04-18-2011, 09:50 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, 19 Skier, 1977, 302efi
This is what I started with, a 1977 stars and stripes that needs alot of work
Attached Images

Old 04-18-2011, 09:52 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, 19 Skier, 1977, 302efi
I have taken the primer off and got it to the original color, but i still have to redo he stringers and floors and install the engin and drive. I am in some need of some kry parts also like exhaust manifolds and ski pylon.
Attached Images