Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-13-2017, 09:46 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2013 197 WTT / 1992 Barefoot Sanger
Coiled trailer wire replacement

Hey guys,

Looking for someone with better googling or a more creative mind than me. Not sure how or why, but my 7-pin coiled wiring connector is cracking all over. Finding 7-pin coiled wire is easy, but finding one with the other quick connect end isn't so easy.

I was also thinking of just putting a new sleeve on that heat shrinks, but I don't see how I can get it over either end.

Thoughts on where to find this, or other solutions to cover the wires?
Attached Images

Old 08-13-2017, 10:45 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2013 X-10 6.0
Mine is the exact same way, not as bad. 2013 as well, guess that is the shelf life of these. I didn't notice if mine has the quick connect on the end or not. I haven't taken mine apart yet, this was next on my to do list. I did see these with the bare end on etrailer.com.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:42 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 TT 197 #77
Call Boatmate. I have a buddy who had his coiled wire harness come loose and chewed the end up while towing. They sent him a replacement, I believe it is just like the one you are working with but did not actually see him replace it. He said it just clipped in.
2005 197 TT #77 LQ9
Old 08-14-2017, 08:42 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2013 X30 6.0L
Mine was the same on my 2013 I just purchased. Trailer sat outside in storage. I called Boatmate and purchased a new one. I would think you could do the same for a MC trailer.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:49 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyfooter View Post
Hey guys,

Looking for someone with better googling or a more creative mind than me. Not sure how or why, but my 7-pin coiled wiring connector is cracking all over. Finding 7-pin coiled wire is easy, but finding one with the other quick connect end isn't so easy.

I was also thinking of just putting a new sleeve on that heat shrinks, but I don't see how I can get it over either end.

Thoughts on where to find this, or other solutions to cover the wires?
Coiled wire with almost any kind of plastic or rubber won't last long in your climate and, while it's a nice idea, I think that only Neoprene would last long enough to make it worthwhile. Maybe a straight harness with a spring attached to the middle and hung from the tow vehicle would work as well, but wouldn't crack- they do this with the hoses and wires on semi tractors.