Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Tow Vehicles

Old 04-21-2017, 12:15 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1991 Maristar 240 Open Bow w/ 454
Me and my friends were talking about this. This is definitely one of the cars you can buy as an investment.

The v8 is slowly dying.
Dodge is the only one will balls big enough to factory produce a drag ready car in this day and age. Wheel stands from the factory? only 3XXX being produced. You know 1/3 wont make it past 20 years before they are wrecked.

Both cars are a statement. Ill take the 840hp statement.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:21 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
No doubt they are cool looking cars, not only is development bad, but disposal is even worse.
Yeah it's bad. Tesla will be the ones to figure out how to make it eco friendly. I'm just embracing the smaller engine turbos/ teslas of the world because one day we won't have a choice due to cafe standards and the forsaken EPA that has yet to be dismantled.

Realistically, put the demon and P100d next go each other on a normal track with two normal drivers, and I promise the demon will lose until the tesla runs out of battery. Takes a ton of skills to run 9s...

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018

Details released 12/17!!!!

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
1985 S&S
Old 04-21-2017, 12:22 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
The whole tesla thing makes no sense to me. And electric gas may save on gas or what not, but it requires energy to charge it and the life cycle for the batteries is worse than gas.

Electric cars are a fad. I really laugh at the people that hype these cars yet they drive boats with massive 6.2 engines. Tesla is a feel good for rich people that want to say they are trying to better the environment, yet have no problem flying on private jets, nice boats and large expensive houses that require a lot of fossil fuels to make.

Tesla will never have a want from someone 30-40 years from now. People will always want a classic car with a big engine and desirable sales.
I think generally, the efficiency observed at a power generation facility are higher than your typical internal combustion engine.

I hate agreeing with Aric, but these cars are very nice, and definitely considered luxury. They drive nice. Its a niche market and tesla owns it is all.

"Electric cars" are not a fad anymore. Lots of vehicles are going to be hybridized in the near future. Im with you though if you are saying pure electric is far away. It is I think. Hybridization is the future though to meet cafe standards. But don't worry, just like EFI and Catalytic converters.....in a few decades this stepping stone will have made sense.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:27 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC25 View Post
Yeah it's bad. Tesla will be the ones to figure out how to make it eco friendly. I'm just embracing the smaller engine turbos/ teslas of the world because one day we won't have a choice due to cafe standards and the forsaken EPA that has yet to be dismantled.

Realistically, put the demon and P100d next go each other on a normal track with two normal drivers, and I promise the demon will lose until the tesla runs out of battery. Takes a ton of skills to run 9s...
It takes a ton of skill to drive 9's in a heavily modified car. The demon is a factory 1/4 car with tons of nannies. It also has pretty trick suspension. Its a very easy car to drive 9's in.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:47 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
It takes a ton of skill to drive 9's in a heavily modified car. The demon is a factory 1/4 car with tons of nannies. It also has pretty trick suspension. Its a very easy car to drive 9's in.
"Easy" is a relative term though. I'm still taking an awd tesla over a demon in normal conditions.

1985 S&S
Old 04-21-2017, 12:56 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC25 View Post
"Easy" is a relative term though. I'm still taking an awd tesla over a demon in normal conditions.
The suspension is active, or reactive...whatever you want to call it. Its all built into the software logic.

On the street, from a dig maybe the telsa will take it (driver dependent for sure). They do launch really hard. From a roll, the demon hands down.

On the track, ill put my money on the demon every time. Its all just pressing buttons. They spent a lot of time developing this, and to make it fool proof. You don't want people crashing these things
Old 04-21-2017, 01:04 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1997 ProStar 205
Even my local golf course got rid of electric for gas carts.

A person, especially on the internet, doesn't need to "drive or ride" in a Tesla to have an opinion on electric technology. Tesla is much like Ferrari for me: nice but I'll never be able to afford one.

My wife has owned her Fusion Hybrid for 8 yrs now. Great car. Jay Leno has "proven" that the best car for the planet is the car that you buy and keep driving. That car should be gas power only. Virtually everything on an older car is recyclable (steel, iron, plastic, and glass). However, since it's the only car you buy, there is no need for that. Also, more cars don't need to be made. Quite boring, but true. Imagine (like a communist Russia or something), you got one car at 18 and you had to drive it for your life.

While my statement is utopia, so is Telsa at this point.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:53 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2016 Mastercraft X23
Feel free to give our parenting advice too....as long as you don't have kids.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:12 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '96 Prostar 205 LT-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraham37128 View Post
I thought you were talking about Tesla but Google proves you must be talking about the Big 3....

https://electrek.co/2016/11/25/tesla...-oil-industry/

Remember just a few years ago.....cash for clunkers, automotive bailout...

If you want to bash Tesla that's fine but please post if you've ever driven/ridden in a Tesla and if you haven't please save your opinion until you have the experience to talk about it. It's kind of like coming to this site bashing inboard boats when you've never even rode in one, it makes you look stupid. The reality is Tesla is more advanced than any car available today, and have one third of the experience as the Big 3.
Yep, ridden in a Tesla. It was nice. So are many of the new cars. That was not the point. The point is I think it is a crock to take my tax dollars and give it to electric car rebates and subsidies. Since you brought it up, cash for clunkers was a stupid idea too. You took hard earned dollars from many people and gave it to a few. That is my point. I agree, Tessa has done a pretty fine job. I just think that if the technology is not ready and can't be sold for a profit, I should not be helping it with my tax dollars. I could not afford a new Tesla, why should I be paying rebates for others? But thanks for assuming I had no experience to back up my comments.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:19 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
The suspension is active, or reactive...whatever you want to call it. Its all built into the software logic.

On the street, from a dig maybe the telsa will take it (driver dependent for sure). They do launch really hard. From a roll, the demon hands down.

On the track, ill put my money on the demon every time. Its all just pressing buttons. They spent a lot of time developing this, and to make it fool proof. You don't want people crashing these things
Your every day driver is not going to know how to properly drive any car in the 9s, sorry. Have you driven any high horsepower cars that come that way from the factory? Hell even a hellcat? A hellcat is downright scary to drive, and without even being 100 percent in it. I've even had my hands full with a GTR, which might as well drive itself. That thing can literally roast all 4 tires. People are going to destroy these things at the same rate hellcats are being launched around poles lol

1985 S&S