Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Tow Vehicles

Old 04-21-2017, 09:09 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2016 X-23 Loaded w/ 7.4
Ok, so first of all I have no horse in this race as I would never own a Tesla or a Chrysler product. That said comparing these two vehicles is like comparing apples and hair dryers.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:36 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 40th Anniversary X Star!
Still diesel trucks that are faster
Old 04-21-2017, 09:39 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by curver900 View Post
a luxury sedan... ROFL... good one...

here is a luxury sedan...

http://www.bugatti.com/chiron/

or even this

Lamborginni Huracan...

https://www.lamborghini.com/en-en/models

now those are luxury... and cool....
Have you been in a Tessa?!! Lol.

A sedan has 4 doors btw lol

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018

Details released 12/17!!!!

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
1985 S&S
Old 04-21-2017, 09:43 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraham37128 View Post
I thought you were talking about Tesla but Google proves you must be talking about the Big 3....

https://electrek.co/2016/11/25/tesla...-oil-industry/

Remember just a few years ago.....cash for clunkers, automotive bailout...

If you want to bash Tesla that's fine but please post if you've ever driven/ridden in a Tesla and if you haven't please save your opinion until you have the experience to talk about it. It's kind of like coming to this site bashing inboard boats when you've never even rode in one, it makes you look stupid. The reality is Tesla is more advanced than any car available today, and have one third of the experience as the Big 3.
The whole tesla thing makes no sense to me. And electric gas may save on gas or what not, but it requires energy to charge it and the life cycle for the batteries is worse than gas.

Electric cars are a fad. I really laugh at the people that hype these cars yet they drive boats with massive 6.2 engines. Tesla is a feel good for rich people that want to say they are trying to better the environment, yet have no problem flying on private jets, nice boats and large expensive houses that require a lot of fossil fuels to make.

Tesla will never have a want from someone 30-40 years from now. People will always want a classic car with a big engine and desirable sales.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:10 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2015 NXT20
Quote:
Originally Posted by curver900 View Post
"Lately some people are trying to go for big stats, so they are including rollout, and they are being honest. Most people don't know what rollout is, so it's kind of a throwaway disclaimer. They are saying, 'Hey, with rollout it runs blah blah blah blah.' So we ran it both ways," Tim Kuniskis, Head of Passenger Cars at FCA North America, told Motor Authority. "Zero to 60 pure is 2.3 seconds, but with rollout it's 2.1, and that's important because that's the fastest 0-60 mph of any production car, I don't care what the technology is."

Here's the part all the Teslarati aren't going to like: Your world is somewhat fake. That claim by Motor Trend of a Tesla Model S P100D doing the 0-60 mph run in 2.28 seconds? It included rollout. The run without rollout? A slower-than-Demon 2.53 seconds.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...n-2-28-seconds
The Demon's 0-60 time has its own fair share of asterisks as well.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthu...ard/ar-BBA3IHi
Old 04-21-2017, 10:20 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2016 Mastercraft X23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
The whole tesla thing makes no sense to me. And electric gas may save on gas or what not, but it requires energy to charge it and the life cycle for the batteries is worse than gas.

Electric cars are a fad. I really laugh at the people that hype these cars yet they drive boats with massive 6.2 engines. Tesla is a feel good for rich people that want to say they are trying to better the environment, yet have no problem flying on private jets, nice boats and large expensive houses that require a lot of fossil fuels to make.

Tesla will never have a want from someone 30-40 years from now. People will always want a classic car with a big engine and desirable sales.

Please go test drive one then state your opinion......
Old 04-21-2017, 11:21 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 Xstar
I'll stick with my Lincoln with the 462.....7 miles to the gallon, but real American steel, 0-60 in 12 seconds 😁
Attached Images

Old 04-21-2017, 11:35 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastercraftdave View Post

The development of the batteries is what destroys any environmental benefits... I just think they're one of the best looking cars on the market.

Check out this YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOp...9IDJ8IuNZzz2iQ

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018

Details released 12/17!!!!

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
1985 S&S
Old 04-21-2017, 11:43 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC25 View Post
The development of the batteries is what destroys any environmental benefits... I just think they're one of the best looking cars on the market.

Check out this YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOp...9IDJ8IuNZzz2iQ
No doubt they are cool looking cars, not only is development bad, but disposal is even worse.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:51 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: ER xstar
I'm confused... a demon can tow a boat? This is the tow vehicle subforum...