Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Tow Vehicles

Old 04-20-2017, 10:44 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, prostar 2001 205v
Official Demon faster than a Tesla..

"Lately some people are trying to go for big stats, so they are including rollout, and they are being honest. Most people don't know what rollout is, so it's kind of a throwaway disclaimer. They are saying, 'Hey, with rollout it runs blah blah blah blah.' So we ran it both ways," Tim Kuniskis, Head of Passenger Cars at FCA North America, told Motor Authority. "Zero to 60 pure is 2.3 seconds, but with rollout it's 2.1, and that's important because that's the fastest 0-60 mph of any production car, I don't care what the technology is."

Here's the part all the Teslarati aren't going to like: Your world is somewhat fake. That claim by Motor Trend of a Tesla Model S P100D doing the 0-60 mph run in 2.28 seconds? It included rollout. The run without rollout? A slower-than-Demon 2.53 seconds.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...n-2-28-seconds
Old 04-20-2017, 10:51 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
. A luxury sedan versus a car that only comes with one seat lol

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018

Details released 12/17!!!!

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
1985 S&S
Old 04-20-2017, 11:02 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, prostar 2001 205v
a luxury sedan... ROFL... good one...

here is a luxury sedan...

http://www.bugatti.com/chiron/

or even this

Lamborginni Huracan...

https://www.lamborghini.com/en-en/models

now those are luxury... and cool....
Old 04-20-2017, 11:05 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 MC TT ProStar 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by curver900 View Post
"Lately some people are trying to go for big stats, so they are including rollout, and they are being honest. Most people don't know what rollout is, so it's kind of a throwaway disclaimer. They are saying, 'Hey, with rollout it runs blah blah blah blah.' So we ran it both ways," Tim Kuniskis, Head of Passenger Cars at FCA North America, told Motor Authority. "Zero to 60 pure is 2.3 seconds, but with rollout it's 2.1, and that's important because that's the fastest 0-60 mph of any production car, I don't care what the technology is."

Here's the part all the Teslarati aren't going to like: Your world is somewhat fake. That claim by Motor Trend of a Tesla Model S P100D doing the 0-60 mph run in 2.28 seconds? It included rollout. The run without rollout? A slower-than-Demon 2.53 seconds.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...n-2-28-seconds
The Deamon will also have better sales and actually make money for Chrysler too.

Nice to see the overpriced fashion accessory getting decimated by a good 'ol pushrod V8.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:17 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2008 X2, MCX
I wouldn't kick either of these cars out of my garage for leaking fluids
Old 04-21-2017, 01:35 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X15, 2006, MCX 5.7 liter vortex, yellow / white slider
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmonet View Post
I wouldn't kick either of these cars out of my garage for leaking fluids

If you had to choose? DEAMON!!!! Cmon, battery electric is years away. Don't be fooled by the media. I can say this as i work in the industry. Keep enjoying your natural fuel vehicles for now. Battery technology is not quite there yet, but advancing at an exponential rate...

That said, DEAMON!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-21-2017, 03:48 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 MC TT ProStar 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06MCX15 View Post
If you had to choose? DEAMON!!!! Cmon, battery electric is years away. Don't be fooled by the media. I can say this as i work in the industry. Keep enjoying your natural fuel vehicles for now. Battery technology is not quite there yet, but advancing at an exponential rate...

That said, DEAMON!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tesla is a joke. The entire company is like a pyramid scheme and the fashion accessories they produce are really nothing special.

If there was any legitimacy to what Tesla was doing, a real automobile manufacturer would be doing it. But then, real automotive manufacturers need to worry about little things like profits.....

I'll take a Demon. Or a Hellcat. Or a SRT392. Basically any Challenger with a proper V8 would be fine lol
Old 04-21-2017, 07:19 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: '96 Prostar 205 LT-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z71_Silvy View Post
Tesla is a joke. The entire company is like a pyramid scheme and the fashion accessories they produce are really nothing special.

If there was any legitimacy to what Tesla was doing, a real automobile manufacturer would be doing it. But then, real automotive manufacturers need to worry about little things like profits.....

I'll take a Demon. Or a Hellcat. Or a SRT392. Basically any Challenger with a proper V8 would be fine lol
I wish you would stop insulting the company where all my taxes go for unnecessary subsidies. You are starting to make me feel like the money the government takes from me to redistribute is being wasted on a high end car that I will never end up buying, ran by a guy that has more money that I could ever dream of. Come on man...
Old 04-21-2017, 08:59 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2016 Mastercraft X23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakethebt View Post
I wish you would stop insulting the company where all my taxes go for unnecessary subsidies. You are starting to make me feel like the money the government takes from me to redistribute is being wasted on a high end car that I will never end up buying, ran by a guy that has more money that I could ever dream of. Come on man...
I thought you were talking about Tesla but Google proves you must be talking about the Big 3....

https://electrek.co/2016/11/25/tesla...-oil-industry/

Remember just a few years ago.....cash for clunkers, automotive bailout...

If you want to bash Tesla that's fine but please post if you've ever driven/ridden in a Tesla and if you haven't please save your opinion until you have the experience to talk about it. It's kind of like coming to this site bashing inboard boats when you've never even rode in one, it makes you look stupid. The reality is Tesla is more advanced than any car available today, and has one third of the experience as the Big 3.

Last edited by jgraham37128; 04-21-2017 at 07:19 PM.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:01 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2016 Mastercraft X23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z71_Silvy View Post

Go test drive a Tesla then post your opinion.