Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Appearance

Old 03-25-2006, 01:21 PM
jmts2000

how to remove platform on 89 prostar

I have an 89 Prostar 190 with a broken swim platform bracket. Do I need to remove flooring under gas tank to remove nuts that might be on the inside or can I simply unbolt it from outside the boat? I hope they have inserts and I won't need to take up floor panels.

Thanks, Jeff
Old 03-25-2006, 03:02 PM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmts2000
I have an 89 Prostar 190 with a broken swim platform bracket. Do I need to remove flooring under gas tank to remove nuts that might be on the inside or can I simply unbolt it from outside the boat? I hope they have inserts and I won't need to take up floor panels.

Thanks, Jeff

We have a '89 PS 190!
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO ANYTHING ON THE INSIDE!
Just take out the four bolts and remove bracket or both brackets, as there are THREADED backing plates in the the fiberglass inside placed during layup of the glass and resin, there are no nuts to remove from the inside. When you reinstall the bracket or brackets apply a SMALL amount of silicone if you want around the bolt holes to seal the bolt holes. I assume you do not have the removable brackets, in which a base block is bolted to the transom with 4 bolts and stay permanently attached to the transom and then the platform brackets bolt to the base plate with 2 big bolts, therefore making them the "Optional Removable Swim Platform Brackets" .........................Any more questions, just ask!

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Last edited by TMCNo1; 03-25-2006 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-25-2006, 03:04 PM
jmts2000

Thanks for your help!
Old 03-25-2006, 07:35 PM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmts2000
Thanks for your help!

Your welcome, as someone said once somewhere on here, I am here to serve and swerve!

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.