Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 09-22-2004, 07:57 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2000 MasterCraft ProStar 205 DD
STAR, The Official Publication of MasterCraft

I want to give a big pat on the back to Team MC. The fall Star magazine is AWESOME. It is a new format and has tons of photos, a 72' MC being restored, diaries from Jeff Rodgers and Lori Krueger and even a technical question/answer section (JimN, you working overtime?). This new edition is head and shoulders above the previous editions. Plus, to top it all off I received my fall edition on the first day of fall, how about that! Great job Team MC I am very impressed!

Thanks MC, keep em' coming!!
Old 09-22-2004, 08:42 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriEOD
I want to give a big pat on the back to Team MC. The fall Star magazine is AWESOME. It is a new format and has tons of photos, a 72' MC being restored, diaries from Jeff Rodgers and Lori Krueger and even a technical question/answer section (JimN, you working overtime?). This new edition is head and shoulders above the previous editions. Plus, to top it all off I received my fall edition on the first day of fall, how about that! Great job Team MC I am very impressed!

Thanks MC, keep em' coming!!
That's good to hear. Maybe I will become a TM member again. I was years ago but found the mag to be an advertising brochure. The shirts, hats etc. were great though.
Old 09-22-2004, 08:57 PM
MC Platinum

This edition is 47 pages in length. It's a lot nicer because they have some advertisers in there now: Coke, Chevy, Garmin, Indmar, etc. They have the normal Pres' message, "Me and My MC (photos & stories), a technical ques/answer *with an email addy* "If you have a question about your MasterCraft, skiing or wakeboarding or anything else submit it to john@jnohe.com we'll find the answer," Events and Reunions, Tournament News, Over the Bow (community service stuff with kids, I was VERY impressed with this), Old School/New School (old 72 MC and a X45), Jeff Rodgers article, Lori Krueger article, dealer profile, on the job Craftsmen article, Florida's chain reaction, Private Lakes, and finally some Team MC stuff for sale.
Old 09-22-2004, 10:29 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190
I got mine the other day too, infact it's the first one I've recieved over the past year.

Has anyone else been getting their Star prior to this?
Old 09-22-2004, 10:42 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 Sammy Duvall 190 EVO
I hadn't received one in some time but just got my new one also. I too was impressed. Way to go MC! (and thanks!)
Old 09-23-2004, 02:29 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
Got mine yesterday. It was definitely impressive. I thought the technical section was a good idea, but it seemed that most of the answers were "take it to your dealer for diagnosis". Definitely no comparison to the advice found on here. I also received a STAR magazine 3-4 months ago.

Even though I have been disappointed with the some of the things that Team MC has not done recently, I still think that it's worth the cost. The upgraded magazine shows that they are trying to improve. I think that any of you guys who regularly post here on the Team MC site should seriously consider joining (I assume that a portion of the dues help fund this site). Especially those with >2900 posts.

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205, 275hp EFI -- Original Owner
Old 09-23-2004, 02:32 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
Oh yeah, I also found a punctuation error in John Dorton's letter. The spelling Nazi is back baby!

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205, 275hp EFI -- Original Owner
Old 09-23-2004, 05:19 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 MasterCraft ProStar 197
Send a message via AIM to erkoehler Send a message via MSN to erkoehler
How would one go about signing up for this?
Old 09-23-2004, 05:40 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: SN 196 previous 93 stars&stripes 190 red
It's one of the benefits of joining Team MasterCraft. You also get a new tee-shirt and other gifts when you sign up. There is a link to join on MC's homepage.
Old 09-23-2004, 06:38 PM
MC Platinum

http://www.mastercraft.com/team/inde...2046&ycid=5430