Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > MasterCraft In Your Area

Old 03-15-2006, 03:58 PM
wyncdavies

Discovery Bay/East Bay Area owners

Hi folks,

I'm brand-new to TeamTalk and I've got a question for everyone, especially people in the East Bay/Discovery Bay region of Nor Cal. I have an unusual parking issue at my house for my boat (1996 ProStar 205 w/tandem axle trailer) where I cannot use my tow vehicle to back it up onto my concrete parking pad. There's just not enough room in the street for me to get the trailer and tow vehicle in the right position to back up over my grass onto my pad on the non-driveway side of my house.

Has anyone had any experience with any of the electric tow dollies out there to maneuver a trailer? I don't really know how they work and short of pictures on the web, I've never actually seen one. Another big issue for me is the clearance of the prop protector part of the trailer (DHM, not MasterCraft trailer) for going over the curb and over my grass. I plan on building some kind of ramp but with my limited working area to move the trailer, I'm worried about digging into the ground.

Thanks.

Wyn
wyn@mac.com
Old 03-15-2006, 04:17 PM
Leroy

Welcome aboard Wyn!

Yes the topic has been discussed, search DOLLY and there are threads on powered and non-powered. I ate dinner at the restaurant there once. Really neat place you live in!
Old 03-15-2006, 04:19 PM
MC Addict

Boat: SN196
Send a message via AIM to rodltg2
my dolly works great for me . power mover
Old 03-15-2006, 04:21 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: X-10 2004 350MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyncdavies
Hi folks,

I'm brand-new to TeamTalk and I've got a question for everyone, especially people in the East Bay/Discovery Bay region of Nor Cal. I have an unusual parking issue at my house for my boat (1996 ProStar 205 w/tandem axle trailer) where I cannot use my tow vehicle to back it up onto my concrete parking pad. There's just not enough room in the street for me to get the trailer and tow vehicle in the right position to back up over my grass onto my pad on the non-driveway side of my house.

Has anyone had any experience with any of the electric tow dollies out there to maneuver a trailer? I don't really know how they work and short of pictures on the web, I've never actually seen one. Another big issue for me is the clearance of the prop protector part of the trailer (DHM, not MasterCraft trailer) for going over the curb and over my grass. I plan on building some kind of ramp but with my limited working area to move the trailer, I'm worried about digging into the ground.

Thanks.

Wyn
wyn@mac.com
Welcome aboard! Nice too see another MC Nor Cal Member! I've nothing but good about those power dollies! Benicia here>
Old 03-21-2006, 03:20 PM
wyncdavies

Thanks!!

Thanks for the warm welcome! I will pay around a little more with my parking situation. I haven't really done much about it since it has been raining for the last like 500 days...
Old 03-21-2006, 06:41 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: X-10 2004 350MCX
The Rain HAs Got To End!