Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 03-06-2006, 02:36 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: X-10 2004 350MCX
Clarion XMD3 RCA Outputs

Does anyone have this deck. They were factory installed in 2004 X series boats. I need to figure out the RCA Outputs but I never got the Manual for it.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:51 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft X7, 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to mrcrowson
Here
This might help

I can tell you the RCA plugs in the rear that have caps are AUX plugs, for a TV or an XM or plug in IPOD
Attached Images
File Type: pdf XM3DWiireDiagram.pdf (165.1 KB, 736 views)

For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. [1 Timothy 6:7]

www.AmbientLightingCorp.com <-- Professional Landscape Lighting

Last edited by mrcrowson; 03-06-2006 at 02:56 PM.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:44 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2005 Prostar 197 / MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalanic
Does anyone have this deck. They were factory installed in 2004 X series boats. I need to figure out the RCA Outputs but I never got the Manual for it.
search XMD3 on here and get a ton of info related to it and some commentary as well

Here is a link which I think includes mymc's instructions on how to tell the clarion that one set of your RCA's are to be sub out signal.

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/sh...highlight=XMD3
Old 03-06-2006, 03:46 PM
MC Fanatic

Thank You

I should have just did the search first! My bad, what was I thinkin!
Old 03-06-2006, 04:03 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalanic
I should have just did the search first! My bad, what was I thinkin!
no worries. You had or are about to have some of the same issues the rest of us running the xmd3 have had
I am not in love with that brainiac of a headunit at all. Maybe when you go through all this, you will find some solutions to these issues that will help all of us!
Old 03-06-2006, 04:06 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric
no worries. You had or are about to have some of the same issues the rest of us running the xmd3 have had
I am not in love with that brainiac of a headunit at all. Maybe when you go through all this, you will find some solutions to these issues that will help all of us!
I think Im gonna split off the the front outputs & keep the factory connection & run a additional 4 channel amp off the split front & the rear. Hopefully it works.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:47 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 X-2
There are two sets of RCA Plugs on the back of that thing, a black pair and a red pair. I hooked the black pair to my sub woofer amp and she works good. The red ones are the aux. and you can hook lcd's, xm rec, etc, to them. That head unit is a pain in the a$$, but if you put it on custom mode, you can adjust the treble and bass. If you need any additional info, feel free to email me or respond to this post.

Another issue I had with this unit is that if you hook two amps to the turn on wire from the head unit, it will pull too much on the head unit and it will shut down. I ran the turn on wire for the two amps to one of the aux. switches on the dash. It took about two hours to install the my second amp and sub woofer and wire it all up, and another two hours of trouble-shooting before I found out the solution to this little problem. Good luck with your install.....

Byrdman

Last edited by Byrdman; 03-07-2006 at 09:54 AM.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:12 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdman
There are two sets of RCA Plugs on the back of that thing, a black pair and a red pair. I hooked the black pair to my sub woofer amp and she works good. The red ones are the aux. and you can hook lcd's, xm rec, etc, to them. That head unit is a pain in the a$$, but if you put it on custom mode, you can adjust the treble and bass. If you need any additional info, feel free to email me or respond to this post.

Another issue I had with this unit is that if you hook two amps to the turn on wire from the head unit, it will pull too much on the head unit and it will shut down. I ran the turn on wire for the two amps to one of the aux. switches on the dash. It took about two hours to install the my second amp and sub woofer and wire it all up, and another two hours of trouble-shooting before I found out the solution to this little problem. Good luck with your install.....

Byrdman
I haven't been below decks all winter to finish my amp install but I thought there were three sets of rca's??? (still not enough) 1 set of inputs and then two sets of outputs..
Leaving you to use one set of outputs for sub and run a Y adapter off the other set of outputs for your front and rear amplifiers. ( No front to rear fade control ) No subwoofer level control(or is there )
Old 03-07-2006, 12:55 PM
MC Fanatic

Thank You for the info! I will do that for the remote on switch. Im gonna run a Y for the front outputs to the front inputs on the 4 channel for the tower speakers & run the rear to the rear inputs on the 4 channel for my subs.