Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Appearance

Old 03-01-2006, 07:23 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Mine's teak. Thanks George.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:25 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 MasterCraft ProStar 197
Send a message via AIM to erkoehler Send a message via MSN to erkoehler
Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier
Mine's teak. Thanks George.

Where can you buy TEAK?
Old 03-01-2006, 07:33 PM
MC Hero

Internet or a specialty lumber store. How 'bout Teak World in Lebenon, TN. Here's how mine looked after installation.
Attached Images

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:38 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Internet or a specialty lumber store. How 'bout Teak World in Lebenon, TN. Here's how mine looked after installation.

Have you found that it actually helps protect the transom, or would one of those clear plastic sheets be better?
Old 03-01-2006, 07:41 PM
MC Hero

I didn't really kick mine to begin with, but I received it as a generous gift and was excited to put it on (just another option on the boat). If some rollers come your way while you're trying to put the ski on and it happens to be sitting on the platform, it can't hurt.

I don't think the plastic would last so long. Plus, you hit it hard enough, who's it protecting the gel coat.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

Old 03-01-2006, 07:45 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
I didn't really kick mine to begin with, but I received it as a generous gift and was excited to put it on (just another option on the boat). If some rollers come your way while you're trying to put the ski on and it happens to be sitting on the platform, it can't hurt.

I don't think the plastic would last so long. Plus, you hit it hard enough, who's it protecting the gel coat.

I think I may just make everyone put there skis on in the water unless they are slaloming with double boots.

I have atleast 5 small marks on the transom from last season that I am not happy about!
Old 03-01-2006, 07:59 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkoehler
I think I may just make everyone put there skis on in the water unless they are slaloming with double boots.

I have atleast 5 small marks on the transom from last season that I am not happy about!
wakeboards are the main culprit on my boat. I need a new coat of clear gelcoat before I start to worry about the marks....
Old 03-01-2006, 08:12 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianaw26
wakeboards are the main culprit on my boat. I need a new coat of clear gelcoat before I start to worry about the marks....

Wakeboards do suck....big marks!
Old 03-01-2006, 08:21 PM
MC Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by erkoehler

Yeah, with double high wrap boots, putting them on while sitting on the platform can leave marks on the hull below the waterline.

Just put the last coat of oil on mine. Been working on it for a week and a half. Got plugs in the old holes that had pulled loose and have patiently been oiling every day or two. I don't really mess with the wet sanding. Just rub with mid grade steel wool between coats and hit it with a fine finishing steel wool after the last coat. It doesn't shine like some of the others, but I like it.
Attached Images

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

Last edited by east tx skier; 03-01-2006 at 08:29 PM.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:30 PM
MC Hero

Can't take just one.
Attached Images

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club