Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 02-20-2006, 09:17 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1
ive wonderd the same thing myself about the windshield
Old 02-20-2006, 10:54 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
The windshield screws off. Go underneath and extract the screws. No big deal there.

As for the thru-bolts, I'd think either way would suffuce, however I'd prefer the head of the bold on the outside. If I'd had the time when I was working on this, I'd have tack welded the nuts to the plate.

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Old 02-21-2006, 11:00 AM
TT Enthusiast

I also have the two piece brackets on my 85'.Two aluminum blocks bolt to the transom with four bolts each.The brackets are attached to the blocks with two bolts each.If you only take your platform off acouple times a year this set up is ideal,it's very sturdy but only takes a minute to remove.My 85 is the only S&S I have ever seen with these brackets,they came with the boat when when it was bought new.Mine are off the boat right now and are on the way to the powder coater.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:19 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, 19 FT, 1986 S&S, 351 Ford
Please post some pics when you get them back. Curious. Tom
Old 02-21-2006, 07:51 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1984 Stars and Stripes powerslot
Yesterday I ordered Fiberglass and Epoxy from Raka and Rub Rail from West Marine. Today I removed the second platform bracket, the rub rail, and the decals. I've figured out a way to save all that money for new decals... I'm pioneering the new look of blue on blue! It will be interesting to see how well this buffs out with the precision auto kit. BRN85ss are you doing a "two coat" powder coating? Heres a pic with the rub rail and decals gone.
Attached Images

Old 02-21-2006, 08:01 PM
TT Enthusiast

Anyone able to tell me about the stickers? The round one was on both sides the letters and numbers on the passenger side only. Wondering if the gel coat will buff out enough or if I'll have to have some kind of replacement made.
Attached Images

Old 02-21-2006, 08:27 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by dichdoc
Anyone able to tell me about the stickers? The round one was on both sides the letters and numbers on the passenger side only. Wondering if the gel coat will buff out enough or if I'll have to have some kind of replacement made.

Gus Campbell Watersports in Monroe Louisiana has a bunch of those round stickers in his display case.

318-388-1259 I think they're $20 a peice
Old 02-21-2006, 08:48 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MasterCraft, Stars and Stripes, 1983, 351 W.
Send a message via AIM to SKI*MC Send a message via MSN to SKI*MC
Check out Rambo Marine, they have everything there.

www.rambomarine.com
Old 02-22-2006, 02:02 PM
TT Regular

Boat: MC, S&S, 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by dichdoc
Well, peer pressure is a *****! It's -20 today My sled was in 300 pieces and we have a five week old baby. Put the sled back together and the baby was napping so what the hell, lets tear the boat apart! Took two hours to strip her down. I believe it was original carpet (tucked up high on the sides,between hull and foam). I only pulled back the one side before I ran out of time. The Fiberglass floor on the sides of the motor has "bubbled" and pulled away from the foam underneath. There's probably four bubbles around one foot in diameter where you could push it down 1/4". Can anyone point me to a thread or tell me how to fix it? The carpet is laid under the angle iron that supports the motor. Will I need to pull all the lag bolts and raise the motor to lay carpet under again? I read a thread on rub rail replacement where it was stated to drill the rivets and replace with bolts and nuts. How do you access the nuts I seem to have foam everywhere under the rail. I'll post pics tomorrow Travis
I believe those 'bubbles' are where the flooring has delaminated from the stringers. My easy fix was reattaching the floor to the stingers w/ countersunk stainless steel screws. I snapped a stringline, predrilled the holes, dripped epoxy in the holes to bond between stringer and floor, then screwed about every 2-3 inches. The screws sort of dimple the floor & I 'floated' epoxy around each dimple to seal and conceal the screws. It made it really solid. If you search this issue, there are very helpful measurements from someone who tore his floor apart.

Don't pull the angle iron to remove the old carpet. Cut the carpet to the mount. I used indoor/outdoor carpet from Lowe's. JRandol and Mag Red detailed their install and Sporty was a great help, too.
Attached Images

Old 02-22-2006, 08:49 PM
TT Enthusiast

Removed windshield and dash today. Windshield was held down with two screws and about 12 machine screws. Has anyone had luck powder coating the windshield frame? Can you reuse the rubber? What should I use to replace the sticky black foam where it meets the gel coat? I spoke with Larry at Raka the other day and we formulated a plan for my floor. I'm going to cut the delaminated area out clean it all up replace the foam with new and reuse the floor sections, epoxy them back to the stringers and add a few screws. Then using 10 oz tape redo all the seams and I'm going to cover the Foam holes as well as I feel that is a place where water can get in. Thanks to everyone for your ongoing help! TB
Attached Images