Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 03-19-2010, 09:19 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1986 Tristar 220 351 pcm
Great work dichdoc!!
Old 03-19-2010, 10:21 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft prostar 190 1986 351 indmar power slot
Boat is looking great if you arelooking for some new wheels for the trailer there is a site that sells alum. mastercraft wheels i bought 2 for $60.00 each they are overstock wheels. the web site is www.trailertirewarehouse.com mine is an 86 look good with the new shoes on it
Old 03-20-2010, 02:40 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1984 Stars and Stripes powerslot
Thanks for the tip on the wheels but this thread is four years old! Here is a link to the trailer refurb: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=14807
all new tires rims springs fenders all powdercoated. Hard to believe it's been that long I looked through the thread I don't own the same truck, I have a new shop, My kid can ski behind the boat now!
Old 06-11-2010, 11:39 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1983 S&S
This is a great thread.

I like the round access holes to get to the transom to thru bolt the swim platform. I was thinking about doing something like that when I need to perform this update. Do you think this was a good approach.

Were you able to install your plate with the studs attached through the access hole or did the floor need opened up more?

Thanks
Old 06-13-2010, 12:18 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1984 Stars and Stripes powerslot
I'm honored this thread keeps coming back from the dead! I had to re read the thread to even come close to answering your question. I can't for the life of me remember if I put the round access hatches back in or not???? It's been 4 years and i have never taken the teak off and have had no problems with it loosening up. The bolts were welded solid and everything was foamed so future access doesn't really seem to be a concern for me, but if you were trying to avoid some fiberglass work it's probably a great option. I think the brackets dropped in through the holes with no problems the only thing I vaguely remember is the bottom bolts were very close to the "floor" and proved difficult to line up. To all that find this thread in the future feel free to PM me as my sporadic wondering through team talk might cause me to miss this thread. TB
Old 06-13-2010, 12:54 PM
TT Regular

I’m selling a dozen new 1984-1985 MasterCraft dash switches. These have the clear paddle that illuminate green then change color to red when toggled on. These are new from the original manufacturer. Price is $13.00 which includes the silver adjustment nut and the threaded black plastic dash ring. Additional dash rings are $.50 each. Ask for Keith at 972-998-1885 in Dallas Texas.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:18 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1985 mastercraft stars and stripes
this thread has been a great help to me lately as i am just about to start restoring my blue and white 84 stars and stripes boat that i purchased last week from a bank repo...so far the exhaust manifolds and risers need replaced,exhaust rubber and thru the hull fittings and sherwood pump impeller,tank had 6 months of water/gas mix from the cap being off..boat has only 496 hours