Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #211  
Old 09-06-2011, 09:37 PM
tex's Avatar
tex tex is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
Location: Cowtown
Posts: 7,827
Something a little healthy.

Grilled Chicken with Rustic Mustard Cream

Ingredients
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon whole-grain Dijon mustard, divided
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
Cooking spray
3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
1 tablespoon water
Rosemary sprigs (optional)

Preparation
1. Prepare grill.
2. Combine 1 teaspoon mustard, oil, and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl; brush evenly over chicken. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes on each side or until done.
3. While chicken grills, combine 1 tablespoon mustard, mayonnaise, and 1 tablespoon water in a bowl. Serve mustard cream with grilled chicken. Garnish with rosemary sprigs, if desired.
__________________
2002 Blue Prostar 197, 0 Flex Tower, Perfect Pass, and The Preditor-ADHD Skier

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 09-07-2011, 12:47 AM
thatsmrmastercraft's Avatar
thatsmrmastercraft thatsmrmastercraft is online now
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 14,924
Hard to believe you posted a recipe that I wouldn't even consider tex. I am anti-mustard so this one doesn't do it for me....but no fault of yours. Every other recipe has been mouth watering.
__________________
Peter

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES



CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $125 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black


PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 09-27-2011, 11:14 PM
tex's Avatar
tex tex is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
Location: Cowtown
Posts: 7,827
More Health

Lemon-Olive Grilled Chicken

Ingredients
Cooking spray
4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind, divided
2 tablespoons honey mustard
1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
1 cup whole-wheat couscous
1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
1/4 cup sliced pitted kalamata olives
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Preparation

1. Prepare grill.

2. Coat grill with cooking spray. Place chicken on grill. Cook 5 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through. Combine 1 teaspoon lemon rind with mustard; brush over chicken.

3. Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a saucepan. Stir in the couscous. Remove from heat; cover, let stand 5 minutes.

4. In a bowl, combine remaining lemon rind, olives, and remaining ingredients. Stir couscous into olive mixture. Spoon onto 4 plates; top with chicken.

Wine note: With its rustic spiciness and zingy acidity, no other grape goes better with olives than sangiovese, the grape in Italian Chianti. So look for a good Chianti such as Da Vinci (around $16).
__________________
2002 Blue Prostar 197, 0 Flex Tower, Perfect Pass, and The Preditor-ADHD Skier

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 09-27-2011, 11:55 PM
M-Funf's Avatar
M-Funf M-Funf is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Boat: 1976 Mastercraft Stars & Stripes 351W
Location: Petaluma, CA
Posts: 3,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
More Health

Lemon-Olive Grilled Chicken

Ingredients
Cooking spray
4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind, divided
2 tablespoons honey mustard
1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
1 cup whole-wheat couscous
1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
1/4 cup sliced pitted kalamata olives
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Preparation

1. Prepare grill.

2. Coat grill with cooking spray. Place chicken on grill. Cook 5 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through. Combine 1 teaspoon lemon rind with mustard; brush over chicken.

3. Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a saucepan. Stir in the couscous. Remove from heat; cover, let stand 5 minutes.

4. In a bowl, combine remaining lemon rind, olives, and remaining ingredients. Stir couscous into olive mixture. Spoon onto 4 plates; top with chicken.

Wine note: With its rustic spiciness and zingy acidity, no other grape goes better with olives than sangiovese, the grape in Italian Chianti. So look for a good Chianti such as Da Vinci (around $16).
Nice recipe Tex!!

Good to see this thread is still alive!

Keep 'em comin
__________________
M-Funf (a.k.a. Jeff)

Our '76 Stars & Stripes

Canis meus id comedit
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 09-28-2011, 07:13 AM
tex's Avatar
tex tex is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
Location: Cowtown
Posts: 7,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Funf View Post
Nice recipe Tex!!

Good to see this thread is still alive!

Keep 'em comin
Thanks-Did the chicken on the big green egg. Very good and healthy!
__________________
2002 Blue Prostar 197, 0 Flex Tower, Perfect Pass, and The Preditor-ADHD Skier

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 10-30-2011, 11:46 AM
tex's Avatar
tex tex is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
Location: Cowtown
Posts: 7,827
For you M-Funf!!!

Mexican Martini

◦2 oz. Tequila – Use a good silver tequila. The light color makes it look better.
◦1 1/2 oz. Cointreau or Grand Marnier.
◦2 oz. Lime Juice. Don’t use a mix for this drink. Sweet and Sour will ruin it.
◦1 oz. Orange Juice.
◦1 splash Sprite
◦1 splash olive juice – or more to taste.
◦Jalapeno stuffed olives!

How To Make It:

Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake it and strain it into a BIG cocktail glass with a salted rim. Spear a few jalapeno stuffed olives and garnish the drink. Serve it up.

This is a really delicious drink that packs quite a punch. You can experiment until you get what you feel is the right blend of flavors. Certain people I know like it with a LOT of olive juice. That variation of the drink we call the Dirty Mexican.

But use these guidelines when experimenting:
◦Use good tequila
◦NEVER use sweet and sour
◦Jalapeno stuffed olives really pimp the drink out.

Glass: Big Cocktail glass
__________________
2002 Blue Prostar 197, 0 Flex Tower, Perfect Pass, and The Preditor-ADHD Skier

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old 10-31-2011, 12:27 AM
thatsmrmastercraft's Avatar
thatsmrmastercraft thatsmrmastercraft is online now
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 14,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
For you M-Funf!!!

Mexican Martini

◦2 oz. Tequila – Use a good silver tequila. The light color makes it look better.
◦1 1/2 oz. Cointreau or Grand Marnier.
◦2 oz. Lime Juice. Don’t use a mix for this drink. Sweet and Sour will ruin it.
◦1 oz. Orange Juice.
◦1 splash Sprite
◦1 splash olive juice – or more to taste.
◦Jalapeno stuffed olives!

How To Make It:

Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake it and strain it into a BIG cocktail glass with a salted rim. Spear a few jalapeno stuffed olives and garnish the drink. Serve it up.

This is a really delicious drink that packs quite a punch. You can experiment until you get what you feel is the right blend of flavors. Certain people I know like it with a LOT of olive juice. That variation of the drink we call the Dirty Mexican.

But use these guidelines when experimenting:
◦Use good tequila
◦NEVER use sweet and sour
◦Jalapeno stuffed olives really pimp the drink out.

Glass: Big Cocktail glass
That sounds fantastic.
__________________
Peter

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES



CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $125 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black


PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old 11-27-2011, 10:15 PM
tex's Avatar
tex tex is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
Location: Cowtown
Posts: 7,827
Chicken piccata!


Ingredients
2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, butterflied and then cut in half
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
All-purpose flour, for dredging
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup brined capers, rinsed
1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped

Directions


Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.

In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 3 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add 2 pieces of chicken and cook for 3 minutes. When chicken is browned, flip and cook other side for 3 minutes. Remove and transfer to plate. Melt 2 more tablespoons butter and add another 2 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add the other 2 pieces of chicken and brown both sides in same manner. Remove pan from heat and add chicken to the plate.

Into the pan add the lemon juice, stock and capers. Return to stove and bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor. Check for seasoning. Return all the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove chicken to platter. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to sauce and whisk vigorously. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley.
__________________
2002 Blue Prostar 197, 0 Flex Tower, Perfect Pass, and The Preditor-ADHD Skier

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :
Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old 01-16-2012, 10:20 AM
tex's Avatar
tex tex is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
Location: Cowtown
Posts: 7,827
Lemon-Basil Orzotto

I left out the heavy cream. Still great!

Ingredients
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup diced onion
1 1/2 cups orzo or pearl barley
1/2 cup dry white wine
3 cups chicken stock or low-sodium broth
1/2 cup frozen petite green peas
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons chiffonade fresh basil
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/4 cup heavy cream
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt and freshly ground black pepper


In a heavy-bottomed medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute until fragrant and translucent. Add the orzo and toast for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the wine and cook until absorbed.

Gradually add the chicken stock, stirring frequently. Bring to a simmer, lower the heat, and cover. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until the liquid is almost absorbed and orzo is tender. Remove from the heat.

Stir in peas, Parmesan, fresh basil, lemon zest, heavy cream, and lemon juice. Season the orzo with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.
__________________
2002 Blue Prostar 197, 0 Flex Tower, Perfect Pass, and The Preditor-ADHD Skier

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :
Reply With Quote
  #220  
Old 01-21-2012, 05:48 PM
tex's Avatar
tex tex is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
Location: Cowtown
Posts: 7,827
Salmon in Lemon Brodetto with Pea Puree

Ingredients

Lemon Brodetto:
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 shallot, diced
2 lemons, juiced
1 lemon, zested
2 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves


Pea Puree:
2 cups frozen peas, thawed (about 10 ounces)
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
1 clove garlic
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 cup grated Parmesan


Salmon:
1/4 cup olive oil
4 (4 to 6-ounce) pieces salmon
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Directions


To make the Lemon Brodetto, warm the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots and saute until tender, about 7 minutes. Add the lemon juice, zest, and broth. Bring to a simmer, and keep warm, covered, over low heat.


To make the Pea Puree, combine the peas, mint, garlic, salt, and pepper in a food processor and puree. With the machine running, add the olive oil in a steady drizzle. Transfer the pea puree to a small bowl and stir in the Parmesan. Set aside.


To make the Salmon, warm the olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over high heat. Season the salmon pieces with salt and pepper. Sear the salmon until a golden crust forms, about 4 to 5 minutes on the first side. Flip the fish and continue cooking until medium-rare, about 2 minutes more depending on the thickness of the fish.


To assemble the dish, add the tablespoon chopped mint to the Lemon Brodetto and divide between 4 shallow dishes. Place a large spoonful of Pea Puree into the center of each bowl. Place a salmon piece atop each mound of Pea Puree. Serve immediately.
__________________
2002 Blue Prostar 197, 0 Flex Tower, Perfect Pass, and The Preditor-ADHD Skier

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:09 PM.