Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 05-11-2016, 05:57 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 99 prostar 205 LTR
Trashed my shoulder!?

I'm afraid I won't be wetting my stick this year....
A few weeks ago I was pulling up on a pipe wrench with my right arm while pushing down on another with my left when I heard and felt a pop in my right shoulder, loud enough for the guy near me to hear. I couldn't hardly use my right arm for the next few days. It was slowly beginning to feel better and I was able use it somewhat normally. I thought I was going to get lucky and whatever happened was going to heal on its own. It doesn't appear that way now. Last night I was tightening a bolt on my mower, pulling up on a 5/8 wrench with my right hand and crrrrrrrackkkkk. Now there is sharp stabbing pain deep in my shoulder emanating down the back of my arm all the way to my wrist. Enough so that it was hard to sleep last night and my cup of coffee is almost too heavy this morning.
Looks like an appointment with the old docaroo is in the near future, man this sucks....
Old 05-11-2016, 06:15 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2016 ProStar 6.2L
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyriver View Post
I'm afraid I won't be wetting my stick this year....
A few weeks ago I was pulling up on a pipe wrench with my right arm while pushing down on another with my left when I heard and felt a pop in my right shoulder, loud enough for the guy near me to hear. I couldn't hardly use my right arm for the next few days. It was slowly beginning to feel better and I was able use it somewhat normally. I thought I was going to get lucky and whatever happened was going to heal on its own. It doesn't appear that way now. Last night I was tightening a bolt on my mower, pulling up on a 5/8 wrench with my right hand and crrrrrrrackkkkk. Now there is sharp stabbing pain deep in my shoulder emanating down the back of my arm all the way to my wrist. Enough so that it was hard to sleep last night and my cup of coffee is almost too heavy this morning.
Looks like an appointment with the old docaroo is in the near future, man this sucks....
Man that sucks. Sorry to hear that. I hope it is something simple that just requires some PT and rest. The season has started what are you doing wrenching on things like this
Old 05-11-2016, 06:22 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1993 prostar 205 previous 85 S&S
I hate this for you! I also hope it's something little and didn't require any surgery!
Old 05-11-2016, 06:35 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2015 X-30 7.4 L
Any bulges anywhere? Back of elbow?
Old 05-11-2016, 07:03 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by epnault View Post
Man that sucks. Sorry to hear that. I hope it is something simple that just requires some PT and rest. The season has started what are you doing wrenching on things like this
Quote:
Originally Posted by paco_06 View Post
I hate this for you! I also hope it's something little and didn't require any surgery!
Thanks guys, I'm hoping it can be resolved without surgery as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocPhil View Post
Any bulges anywhere? Back of elbow?
I haven't noticed any bulges, all the muscles appear to be where they should be. Funny though the pain from the first pop had pretty much subsided to only in my bicep when lifting something palm up. Now it's all of my shoulder and down the back and outside of my arm.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:16 AM
TT Regular

Look very closely and compare your arms

Especially the back of your arms
Old 05-11-2016, 07:36 AM
TT Enthusiast

There is a dip/recess on the upper right side of my right shoulder that is not present on the left shoulder. This is standing straight up with both arms relaxed. No apparent bulges though.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:48 AM
TT Regular

That could indicate what I was worried about.

Triceps tendon tear.

Hard to tell without pics or an examination

Lets see what your doctor says.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:51 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2016 x30
Sorry it's happening now just as the season is getting started. I wonder if it's not a biceps tendon strain/sprain/rupture. Especially with the biceps pain. One way or another an MRI is probably in your future...
Old 05-11-2016, 07:55 AM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsx30 View Post
Sorry it's happening now just as the season is getting started. I wonder if it's not a biceps tendon strain/sprain/rupture. Especially with the biceps pain. One way or another an MRI is probably in your future...
I think the first one was but he really didn't describe where the pain was.

The second definitely seems like a full thickness tear of the triceps tendon.

What the heck are you tearing all these tendons for? Are you on cipro or something?

Any other antibiotics? Or did you take them recently?