Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 11-09-2017, 03:01 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2017 X23 6000GDI (previous boat was 2014 X25) (4 other boats prior, but none MC)
Send a message via Skype™ to Loewen
Igloo/Coleman - The Cheaper YETI?

Nothing to see here... Just poking fun at the RTIC thread on the main forum.

As a side note though, my MC provided Igloo does a great job of keeping my Natural Light cold on my X23 all afternoon, even on hot and sunny days!

Side, side note (2nd side note) though, wife bought me an RTIC tumbler just two days before I found out Walmart sold Ozark Trail Tumblers for less than half the cost. At least I own a cool tumbler, right?
Old 11-09-2017, 03:05 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Natty is too upscale IMO. keystone or bust

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2018

Details released 12/17!!!!

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
1985 S&S
Old 11-09-2017, 03:10 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197
igloo/coleman is better than both RTIC and YETI for what every single person on this forum uses their coolers for while rec boating.

I hate my yeti I never use it. Its unmanageable due to weight.
Old 11-09-2017, 03:14 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2017 X23 6000GDI (previous boat was 2014 X25) (4 other boats prior, but none MC)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintpollz View Post
igloo/coleman is better than both RTIC and YETI for what every single person on this forum uses their coolers for while rec boating.

I hate my yeti I never use it. Its unmanageable due to weight.

Never mind the fact you can only fit a 6 pack in a yeti the size of a volkswagon
Old 11-09-2017, 03:19 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loewen View Post
Never mind the fact you can only fit a 6 pack in a yeti the size of a volkswagon
yep.

I can't hate on their retail play though. It was executed very well and not half assed. They have already made a ton of money from it and are continuing to get some nice residual sales.
Old 11-09-2017, 03:58 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 79 S&S. 87 Prostar Powerslot. Present 95 Maristar 200VRS
Send a message via Yahoo to ahhudgins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loewen View Post
But you can only impress people when you say "Can you get me a drink from the Yeti?" (Instead of just saying cooler). Poking fun at an in-law.
Old 11-09-2017, 04:28 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintpollz View Post
yep.

I can't hate on their retail play though. It was executed very well and not half assed. They have already made a ton of money from it and are continuing to get some nice residual sales.
I'm not knocking their product at all. I'm sure they do exactly as advertised, keeping things cold for a very long time. I just have zero need to keep things cold for a very long time. Most of my friends realize there is absolutely nothing "cool" about me, so I'm darn sure not going to go buy some 40lb - 12 cu/in ID / 12 cu/FT OD cooler to help me compensate for being a natural born goober.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:18 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Boatless and afraid
You all make a valid point for the hard coolers and for the same reasons I do not own a Yeti Tundra. Hopper is another story as they IMO are so much better for boating. Easier to carry, does not leak all over the inside of your boat or car. Don't have to worry about people dragging a hard cooler over the vinyl/gel. Etc. I can't see myself using a hard side cooler again on a boat.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:22 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun R View Post
You all make a valid point for the hard coolers and for the same reasons I do not own a Yeti Tundra. Hopper is another story as they IMO are so much better for boating. Easier to carry, does not leak all over the inside of your boat or car. Don't have to worry about people dragging a hard cooler over the vinyl/gel. Etc. I can't see myself using a hard side cooler again on a boat.

How do you get them dried out after use? Do they dry quickly enough so as not to mildew inside?
Old 11-09-2017, 05:24 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Boatless and afraid
We have two Hopper 2 20s and just dump everything out and leave them in the bottom of the pantry unzipped. Zero issues with mold or water being absorbed into the bag. Cannot say the same for the other bags I tried as they eventually leaked or absorbed lake water and turned into a soggy diaper bag. :/