Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 05-21-2015, 01:22 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
'09 F150 accessories

Gotta '09 f150 4x4 KR

Wanting to level it. What leveling kit is best. I've been eyeing auto spring 2" and 2.5". I want to add a leaf or block to the rear. I haul way too much and it will be azz low a lot. It also is common for me to put 2,000-2,500# in the bed. The add a leaf w auto spring allows for heavier payload.

Questions will be front end supporting 2"-2.5" spacers. I don't want to effect factory ride.

What size tires will fit on factory 20"

I'm thinking I want to add darker tint and maybe some weather tech floor liners

I would ultimately like to add new rims but after dropping $5,000 into my boat this year I'm kinda collecting my couch change again. I'm in need of tires and it is chit or get off the pot time if I level or not.

I'm concerned about upper ball joint wear if I get the 2.5". Anyway I would like some advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 05-21-2015, 01:28 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190

Not the best pic you it shows rims and colors.

This is with 43) 50# bags of concrete lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 05-21-2015, 01:38 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2005 x star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Gotta '09 f150 4x4 KR

Wanting to level it. What leveling kit is best. I've been eyeing auto spring 2" and 2.5". I want to add a leaf or block to the rear. I haul way too much and it will be azz low a lot. It also is common for me to put 2,000-2,500# in the bed. The add a leaf w auto spring allows for heavier payload.

Questions will be front end supporting 2"-2.5" spacers. I don't want to effect factory ride.

What size tires will fit on factory 20"

I'm thinking I want to add darker tint and maybe some weather tech floor liners

I would ultimately like to add new rims but after dropping $5,000 into my boat this year I'm kinda collecting my couch change again. I'm in need of tires and it is chit or get off the pot time if I level or not.

I'm concerned about upper ball joint wear if I get the 2.5". Anyway I would like some advice.

Kyle I'll be straight with you. Any leveling kit you put on that truck will hurt ride and ball joint angles. Take a peek at the next truck you see that's leveled and look at the upper control arms. It's bad.. And what sucks is its either leveling kit or no kit, there's not an in between (that I'm aware of).

For the rear I'd suggest airbags, a block will make it taller but it's still going to sag when you load it. Add a leaf kits will make it ride more harsh.

We use rough country leveling kits on almost everything and I really like them. I put on probably 50 a year on various trucks.

Have Taylor give you my phone number, I can get you about anything or answer almost any questions on this subject. This is what I do 😃

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-21-2015, 02:11 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2015 Mastercraft NXT "Plum Loco"
Kyle,
Just trade yours in and get one of these .
Attached Images

Old 05-21-2015, 02:15 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: changes every month
whats a general cost for the f250 full suspension kits ?? the dealers are tacking on like 10k for wheels tires and lift kits
Old 05-21-2015, 02:33 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2005 x star
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrjtt View Post
whats a general cost for the f250 full suspension kits ?? the dealers are tacking on like 10k for wheels tires and lift kits

I did a 6" full kit on a brand new f350 a while back with 20x12s and 37s.. Out the door I think it was 5-6k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-21-2015, 02:38 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
fyi...Raptor's have less carrying capacity than regular models. Much softer suspension, obviously for off-road desert use.

F150 wasn't designed for 2500 lbs in the bed. iirc 1670lbs is the bed capacity on a 4x4.
Sounds like you need a larger truck, add helper airbags and call it a day.

1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE

Last edited by j.mccreight@hotmail.com; 05-21-2015 at 07:33 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:11 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2011 X25, 85 S&S
Well since you asked... Lol.

Do not do a leveling spacer like corbin says. Do an f150lifts.com set of boss coilovers, and be done. Grab a set of icon or camburg UCAs while you're at it. I ran the leveling kit for a while, and it destroyed my truck. My truck is in the shop getting a LOT of work done to it right now. Call Texas Motor Worx and they will hook you up. Get an add lead and some Firestone airbags and you'll be fine. Although I'm going for a softer rear suspension than a raptor, I only two boats. Nothing quite like 2500 pounds of quick Crete lol. Anything wider than a 295 section tire will be EXTREMELY close to the upper control arm. A 295/60/20 would be a nice addition if you do at least 2 inches in the front. I'm pretty heavy into mods on my truck, so if you have any questions shoot me a Pm

2011 X25-lots of flake,stereo and ilmor
1985 Stars and Stripes-Ol' glory
Old 05-21-2015, 04:17 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1999 Mastercraft Maristar 230VRS
What about the BIlstein 5100 shocks. They have different perches that allow different leveling heights.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:23 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2011 X25, 85 S&S
Bilstiens are okay. I still would go with a full replacement coilover

2011 X25-lots of flake,stereo and ilmor
1985 Stars and Stripes-Ol' glory