Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 09-14-2004, 03:38 PM
MC Addict

Boat: Tubtime Tugboat
Send a message via MSN to bcampbe7
Stereo

All the discussions going on about stereos has got me wondering where to install speakers...
I have a 1996 PS 190 and am wondering where to install more speakers. Right now I have 2 eclipse's in the factory location and two cheapo Boss speakers, with enclosures, mounted in the side cubby and pointing to the back. I want to add a sub. Is under the dash the best place for a sub? I would also like to find a way to get better speakers mounted somewhere in the back.
Where have those with PS 190's mounted their speakers?

Thanks
Old 09-14-2004, 03:42 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1995 PS190
Send a message via AIM to OhioProstar
When I was going to mount another set in my '95, I figured a 5" hole saw used for plumbing would cut the best holes. Outline the vinyl with a template, cut the excess padding away, and drop a couple holes in. My only problem was finding a spot that would not effect putting the back seat up as a sun deck. Currently I only have two JBLs and a 12 Kicker and it is pretty damn loud.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:51 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2005 Prostar 197 / MCX
BC
I had a sub mounted in my 00 190
10" sub mounted in a storebought enclosure from circuit city that was covered in cloth and had a speaker grille to protect the woofer.
It doesnt matter which way it points (literally).
SO, I mounted it in the very tip of the bow with those s/s straps that come on a roll with holes in them.
It fit best pointing downward which also left plenty of airspace in front of the speaker.
My thinking was that it was fairly heavy and needed to be centered in the boat so-as to change nothing about the boat's handling and the bow was the most logical place to get it out of the way.... It worked great