Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > MasterCraft In Your Area

Old 01-17-2006, 11:12 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft X2 2003 mcx
Mastercraft dealers in Chicago area

Hi,

I live just south of Chicago and am looking for a good Masercraft dealer.Does anyone know about these dealerships good and bad.

Munsion marine--in fox lake,IL
Pinecrest--in ceder lake,IN
Chicago mastercraft--?

Thanks TOO-TALL
Old 01-17-2006, 11:16 PM
MC Master Poster

Call Chicago MC. For service, ask for Will. I worked with him at another dealer and can definitely recommend him.

They're in Fox Lake, BTW.

I wasn't aware Munson Marine was a MC dealer. Munson Ski in Volo was, but are no longer.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:22 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: none
I am near Pinecrest and bought my first MC from them. They do all of my service work and winterization. Good people to deal with and good mechanics.
It's a nice convenience for us since we have a lift on Cedar Lake.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:14 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: What ever floats your.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOO-TALL
Hi,

I live just south of Chicago and am looking for a good Masercraft dealer.Does anyone know about these dealerships good and bad.

Munsion marine--in fox lake,IL
Pinecrest--in ceder lake,IN
Chicago mastercraft--?

Thanks TOO-TALL
Yes, I hear they are all good.
(You have a PM)
Old 01-27-2006, 10:17 PM
Lizrd

You absolutely can not go wrong with Chicago MasterCraft. We had our Moomba serviced there by Will for a number of years until we recently upgraded and traded in for an X-Star. Will worked on our very needy boat and was always honest and timely in his repairs. He never did more than we needed and was forthright in his diagnostics. When we were ready to trade in, Mark and Vince were right on the money with the value of our trade-in boat and the right price on something different.

This shop completely supports the local scene with events and get-togethers throughout the year. They really work to make their customers happy. When I was early-in on boat ownership I bravely hauled the boat there for winterizing. I was really uncertain that I would be able to get it backed up into my driveway and my boyfriend was out of town. They drove the boat home for me and put it up the drive...not many places would ever consider doing this and from that moment forth I knew they would be great to work with. Put it this way, they know boats and they are honest which is really, really hard to find.

My mother always taught me that if I don't have anything nice to say not to say anything at all so I will refrain from slamming Munson. For what its worth they no longer deal in MC. If you want any other details feel free to shoot me a PM.

I am not at all familiar with Pinecrest.

If you do visit Chicago MasterCraft tell them Liz sent you! They are the best.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:00 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft, X-Star, 05, MCX/// 93 S&S 190 285 HP HO
My brother and I bought Mastercrafts from Chicago Mcraft last year(in March I believe) just before the dealership was taken over by another dealer down the street. John and Marilyn Wiley were the owners. I am curious.... who does own the Mastercraft dealership at Fox Lake now?? Its my understanding that the MC rep for that area gave another boat dealership MC line much to the disappointment of the Chicago Mcraft(ie John Wiley) because they(a multi-line larger dealership) promised to move so many units per year. I hope I'm wrong with incorrect information. I live 600 miles away so I'm not familiar with the area. John and Marilyn were a pleasure to deal with for what its worth now.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:22 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizrd
You absolutely can not go wrong with Chicago MasterCraft. We had our Moomba serviced there by Will for a number of years until we recently upgraded and traded in for an X-Star. Will worked on our very needy boat and was always honest and timely in his repairs. He never did more than we needed and was forthright in his diagnostics. When we were ready to trade in, Mark and Vince were right on the money with the value of our trade-in boat and the right price on something different.

This shop completely supports the local scene with events and get-togethers throughout the year. They really work to make their customers happy. When I was early-in on boat ownership I bravely hauled the boat there for winterizing. I was really uncertain that I would be able to get it backed up into my driveway and my boyfriend was out of town. They drove the boat home for me and put it up the drive...not many places would ever consider doing this and from that moment forth I knew they would be great to work with. Put it this way, they know boats and they are honest which is really, really hard to find.

My mother always taught me that if I don't have anything nice to say not to say anything at all so I will refrain from slamming Munson. For what its worth they no longer deal in MC. If you want any other details feel free to shoot me a PM.

I am not at all familiar with Pinecrest.

If you do visit Chicago MasterCraft tell them Liz sent you! They are the best.
First post...Member since July 2005!! Welcome...
You must have been thinking about the upgrade for awhile.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:22 PM
Lizrd

Yeah, we are glad to have a new boat -- but we bought it in August which only gave us a couple of months of riding. We are headed to Atlanta in a few weeks for an early wakeboarding trip and our goal is 200 hours this summer.

Parrish -- John and Marilyn were nice to work with and the best part is the mechanic, Will, has been there through it all. The main place that they are affiliated with is Riverview Marine http://www.riverviewmarine.com/
John and Marilyn aren't at Chicago MC anymore. Mark and Vince are the guys working there and they work hard to keep their customers satisfied.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:18 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 X-9
FWIW - I bought a used MC at Riverview marine before they were an MC dealer (they took the boat on trade). They were good people to do business with - there were several follow-ups from the sale they made good on.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:08 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltok
FWIW - I bought a used MC at Riverview marine before they were an MC dealer (they took the boat on trade). They were good people to do business with - there were several follow-ups from the sale they made good on.
Are you talking about the one way out west, or is there another one around?