Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Waterskiing & Barefooting

Old 01-16-2006, 12:14 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 Pro 197
Anyone use bare??

I might purchase a drysuit and was looking at the bare the all black baggy suit and was wondering if anyone has had experience with these drysuits? Thanks in advance
Old 01-16-2006, 12:18 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 MasterCraft ProStar 197
Send a message via AIM to erkoehler Send a message via MSN to erkoehler
I use a barefoot international baggy style drysuit. You can find some great deals on www.barefootcentral.com
Old 01-16-2006, 02:58 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1995 barefoot200;;;2004 X9 MCX
i use a "baggy" style one.....have done for about 15 yrs.......

these are my choice....

www.hammond-drysuits.co.uk

2004 X9 MCX ALL BLACK

http://www.prwb.net/tallington/index.php?id=12

nice older x-boat at berth in the advertisment above
Old 01-16-2006, 07:04 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
I've got one BARE suit and one BF Intl. and like them both. The BARE is a bit lighter in terms of the thickness in material and you would not want to barefoot in it, but for everything else it is great. Just make sure to keep the seals treated, and it helps to store it in a sealed plastic bag when not in use...also, keep it out of the sun as much as possible. (the seals will dry out much quicker).
Old 01-16-2006, 08:06 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2004 Maristar 230 VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkski
I've got one BARE suit and one BF Intl. and like them both. The BARE is a bit lighter in terms of the thickness in material and you would not want to barefoot in it, but for everything else it is great. Just make sure to keep the seals treated, and it helps to store it in a sealed plastic bag when not in use...also, keep it out of the sun as much as possible. (the seals will dry out much quicker).
It's important to keep the seals treated so they don't crack and leak, although the manufacturers will replace them if necessary and they tell me that doesn't cost that much. Seals can be treated with 303 Protectant - I just spray mine down when I'm done using the suit for the day.

The BFI suit is quite robust and very flexible, even though the suit material is thicker than the usual suit. It really is a well-made suit and the price from Barefoot Central really makes it an excellent value. Its wrist and ankle seals are thicker-than-usual latex, therefore less stretchy. I have no doubt they'll stand up better to years of use, but they are noticeably harder to get on and off. The other aspect to that suit is wrist and ankle cuffs of neoprene that come down over the seals to protect them. Nice for barefooting, I'm guessing, but they're a little cumbersome for getting feet into bindings and for wearing with with winter gloves like the Chokos.

I initially tried to cheap out and started with that $200 baggy suit from Overton's. Definitely a couple of steps down in terms of seams and material, and I gave up after sending two of them back because of leaks along the seams.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:26 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: none
I just got this Drysuit
http://store.barefootcentral.com/ind...ROD&ProdID=267
I'll be mostly using it for barefooting. I'll more than likely be trying it out this weekend, and be able to give some feedback. It's very similar to the BI Drysuit, but a little less bulky. Still very rigorous materials though.

I think your purchase of a drysuit should first depend on what type of watersports you primarily perform.
It is not we non-interventionists who are isolationists. The real isolationists are those who impose sanctions and embargos on countries and peoples across the globe...and who choose to use force overseas to promote democracy...A counter productive approach that actually leads the U.S. to be more resented and more isolated in the world - Ron Paul
Old 01-17-2006, 07:30 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Former Prostar 205 owner upgraded to an 05 Malibu vRide
Made in the same Oregon factory as USIA, OS, Wiley's & Adrenaline's. Great suit. I believe their recommending no seal treatment at all now days. Do yourself a favor & get one with a little color in it. The black ones don't show up well at all in a photo.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:25 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 PS205/1999 Manitou 24' party barge
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJunky
Made in the same Oregon factory as USIA, OS, Wiley's & Adrenaline's. Great suit. I believe their recommending no seal treatment at all now days. Do yourself a favor & get one with a little color in it. The black ones don't show up well at all in a photo.
How about treating the zipper? I was thinking about mine the other day. I had adrenaline put new wrist seals in this spring. So do nothing to the seals is the recommendation? Thanks!
/sorry for the jack.... Re: Bare, I have their chill guard and it's held up well. Had to add something
Old 01-17-2006, 08:38 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2001 X30 LTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkoehler
I use a barefoot international baggy style drysuit. You can find some great deals on www.barefootcentral.com
That is the worst home page I've ever seen! All that motion and the fonts make you dizzy and just beg you to exit fast!
Old 01-17-2006, 08:40 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2004 Maristar 230 VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom023
That is the worst home page I've ever seen! All that motion and the fonts make you dizzy and just beg you to exit fast!
Agreed, but their prices are very good and they are really nice people to deal with.