Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakeboarding & Wakeskating

Old 01-11-2006, 11:16 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: FLOATER
Comfortable Wakeboard Bindings? HELP!!!

Last year I bought a Hyperlite wakeboard and binding package from Wakeside.com. The Hyperlite Spin bindings that I have make my feet feel like they are in a vise. They ache after about 5 minutes and yes they are the right size according to my shoe size. I am a 43 year old beginner and I know I won't improve unless I give my feet some relief!!! Any recommendations for comfortable bindings???
Old 01-11-2006, 11:19 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 X30, mcx, the works
Quote:
Originally Posted by RackAtak
Last year I bought a Hyperlite wakeboard and binding package from Wakeside.com. The Hyperlite Spin bindings that I have make my feet feel like they are in a vise. They ache after about 5 minutes and yes they are the right size according to my shoe size. I am a 43 year old beginner and I know I won't improve unless I give my feet some relief!!! Any recommendations for comfortable bindings???
I am a 44 year old beginner so I truly feel your pain! I, however, got some very comfortable boots this past fall, and I think they are Hyperlite Byerly's. Use a cable "boa" system to tighten the boot. Tons of support and extremely comfortable. Wish I could find snow ski boots like this! Best of luck!

Last edited by vegashomeexpert; 01-11-2006 at 11:33 PM.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:21 PM
MC Fanatic

How did you size the bindings in relation to your shoe size? Did you go the same size or larger?
Old 01-11-2006, 11:27 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 X30, mcx, the works
The size is M/L for the bindings. My foot size is 9-9.5. If anything, these bindings may be a tad large, but with the boa system, you can make them as snug as you want.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:29 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 x-star
We have Parks Bindings, but I wear size 11 and my kid is a 12 and half. I am comfey but alittle snug for the kid. The bindings are sized upto 13 I think.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:30 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 X2 Switch Blue and White
I have the Liquid force Alpha that are great. You might be able to find some 2005 at a great price at the boat shows or online.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:46 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2005 MasterCraft ProStar 197, MCX
I've got a 10.5 shoe size and use the Large Hyperlite Murray. It too has the 'boa' system so you can custom adjust for just the right feel. I could ride all day - they are very comfortable. The down side is they are a high end binding with a price to match...since many manufacturers come out with a 'new and improved' model each year hopefully you could find the '05 model at a good price. Have fun and good luck in your quest.
Old 01-12-2006, 08:04 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 1993 MASTERCRAFT PROSTAR 190 285HP 351 INDMAR
I am size 10.5 and have Parks large. Wow! I can't do crap but man are they comfortable. My face always seems to hurt a lot more than my feet!

!UOY NAHT RETSAF MA I TUB KNURD EB YAM I
Old 01-13-2006, 10:16 AM
MC Fanatic

Thanks for the input. I think I am leaning towards the Byerly's. I have found 2005 models for less than $175.00 delivered.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:46 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2004 MariStar 210 - Indmar MCX 350HP with 0-Flex Tower & Perfect Pass
I have ridden in Hyperlite Spin, Liquid Force Exo Suc and Liquid Force Ultra Sucs. The Liquid Force bindings are way more confortable and secure than the Hyperlite Spins. The Exo Sucs feature a rear lace as opposed to the front lace system used in the HL Spins: it is much more sturdy and fitting to your foot.