Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Appearance

Old 01-10-2006, 09:40 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: MC 1990 Tri-Star 454ci.
Windscreen Help

Does anyone know where I can get this rubber part replaced. It is that little strip of rubber or foam rubber that runs along the bottom of the windscreen? I have a 1990 Tri-Star and my bro-n-law has a 1992 Pro-Star. Both his and mine look like heck. We're trying to sweeten our rides. Getting ready for summer, or just warmer weather and more water in the lake.
Russell
Old 01-10-2006, 12:44 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1990 Prostar 190 351
I have a 1990 PS 190 and I changed my rubber seal last spring. I had to change mine because my windshield was sitting too low in the frame causing the top of the glass to be just barely inside the metal frame. I only noticed it when I got an aftermarket mirror to replace the goofy stock one and it wobbled like crazy. I took off the top rail, lifted the windshield up, put neoprene blocks in the bottom channel to prevent the glass from going all the way down, then replaced the top rail. The last part of the process was to replace the seal on the inside and outside of the window on the top and bottom, which I think is what you want to do. I got the seal from a local glass shop along with advice on how to install it. It is fairly easy. You need glass cleaner to lubricte it and a plastic or wood tool to push it in place. What I found was it was easy to put one side in, but then a lot harder to put the other side in. I would suggest you replace the inner sides first as it is easier to push the outsides in with some sort of tool. If you only want to replace the outside seal just peel it out and take it to a glass shop. They will be able to match it no problem.

That's kind of a long winded answer. Hope it helps.

Bruce

New boat - 1993 Prostar 205. Bought in better shape than the 190 was but still needed some work.