Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 12-15-2005, 02:55 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: X7, MCX
Future boat wish list, post your brilliant ideas here....

I know we did this early in the year, but this time of year its fun to dream

A few more that I thought of this year during those frustrating moments....

I really could use a tower system with a power fold system. Yes, storage of the boards would be an issue but not insurmountable.

The problem is that many people have a lift with a canopy, and you have to fold the tower while bobbing around the dock to pull in. Or, you can do what I did, and raise the canopy WAY up but then you need a canopy skirt. A power adjustable tow point is the way to go.

On my lake most people are not buying towers just for this reason, but obviously desperately want them.

To make that work, the tower speakers would have to be relocated back to the rear of the boat.

__________________________________________________ ____

Second idea...

I would love to see a dedicated step area on the side of the boat at least on the drivers side. On top of that, I would LOVE to see a fold down step. The point of it would be to give people a set place to get on and off the boat, without stepping on the seats. If you planned it right you could even have a handle added to the tower to allow people something to hold onto when they get in the boat.

I know it sounds nuts, but I frequently have elderly people in my ski boat. My grandpa is 96 years old. He goes out with us all the time. I get him a 6 pack of beer, and he gets in and has a seat and laughs his butt off while we pull the kids around. The problem is that at his age its VERY hard to get in and out of the boat while its docked up. Also, I am not going to ask him to take off his shoes. Period. I would let him track in dragon crap into my boat if it meant one more moment with my grandpa having fun with us. A step is needed and would add some safety.

__________________________________________________ ___

Third...

Been discussed before, many times, but MC and all boat manufacturers NEED to understand that MP3 players are here to stay and that we NEED a place to mount them within reach of the throttle hand yet out of the way of splash. Whats more, we NEED a factory installed standard MP3 input in that area.

__________________________________________________ ___

Forth....

This seems far out but its really not...

A small 7" screen in front of the driver. Multi purpose.

It could be wired to use as a rearview camera in lieu of a mirror.

It could be used as a engine status screen, for diagnostics or anything else.

It could be used for night driving. This is what I would really want it for. I drive at 10mph at night at least four nights a week in the summer. With the glare on the water, darkness, spotty windshield, etc...I cant see crap. I have bumped into buoys more than once. If there was a log, kayaker, etc it would be hard to see them until they were within a few hundred feet. I end up finding a light on the opposite end of the lake, that makes the reflection all the way to my bow, and I swerve back and forth to use that reflection to check the area in front of me.

Point is that with a screen and a forward facing night vision camera you could be a lot safer. I would pay for that option for sure. The technology is in current model cars, and is actually very inexpensive. Heck you can buy a portable DVD player with that screen for under $100 bucks.

That's enough for now....now its your turn.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:59 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertT
..........That's enough for now....now its your turn.
A made to order slimmie.... the rest is superfluous..

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Old 12-15-2005, 03:16 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty
A made to order slimmie.... the rest is superfluous..
those are WAY to expensive and take an inordinate amount of maintenance. Fix the price and upkeep issue and you, my friend, have my vote for President of the United States!
Old 12-15-2005, 03:48 PM
MC Addict

Boat: SN196
Send a message via AIM to rodltg2
Quote:
Forth....

This seems far out but its really not...

A small 7" screen in front of the driver. Multi purpose.

It could be wired to use as a rearview camera in lieu of a mirror.

It could be used as a engine status screen, for diagnostics or anything else.

"It could be used for night driving. This is what I would really want it for. I drive at 10mph at night at least four nights a week in the summer. With the glare on the water, darkness, spotty windshield, etc...I cant see crap. I have bumped into buoys more than once. If there was a log, kayaker, etc it would be hard to see them until they were within a few hundred feet. I end up finding a light on the opposite end of the lake, that makes the reflection all the way to my bow, and I swerve back and forth to use that reflection to check the area in front of me.

Point is that with a screen and a forward facing night vision camera you could be a lot safer. I would pay for that option for sure. The technology is in current model cars, and is actually very inexpensive. Heck you can buy a portable DVD player with that screen for under $100 bucks."

i tried this with a small lcd monitor and a camera on a traker mount. the sun glared the lcd monitor so bad i could barely see anything. maybe mine just sucked.

the made to order slimmie is a great option, you just need to be able to return to vendor after the day is done, and get a new one for the next outing.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:48 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Glastron, CSS-16, 1989, Evinrude 120
Cut the noise

They could make less noise. I love the sound of a healthy V8, but from a PR standpoint keeping the noise level down appeals to me. Most of my skiing is done early mornings when others are still sleeping. Let 'em sleep I say.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:18 AM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibrain
They could make less noise. I love the sound of a healthy V8, but from a PR standpoint keeping the noise level down appeals to me. Most of my skiing is done early mornings when others are still sleeping. Let 'em sleep I say.
yea, they complain on my lake too. Those 6:00am runs tend to piss people off.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:50 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: What ever floats your.....
How about a Mastercraft MP3 player setup, waterproof that is in the boat all the time, and when I need to load or unload songs, I take it IN with me. Instead of the other way around....

I am thinking outside the bun here?
Old 12-16-2005, 02:23 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 SN196
Send a message via Yahoo to ski36short
Quote:
I really could use a tower system with a power fold system. Yes, storage of the boards would be an issue but not insurmountable.

The problem is that many people have a lift with a canopy, and you have to fold the tower while bobbing around the dock to pull in. Or, you can do what I did, and raise the canopy WAY up but then you need a canopy skirt. A power adjustable tow point is the way to go.

On my lake most people are not buying towers just for this reason, but obviously desperately want them.

To make that work, the tower speakers would have to be relocated back to the rear of the boat.

__________________________________________________ ____
Maybe that should be addressed on the lift mfgr side of the equation? I've had an idea in my head to add a system to my lift so that when you crank the boat down, the canopy lifts off and vice-versa. That way the canopy could be more of a custom fit and protect the interior better. I have a pretty good idea on how to make it work but I'm not sure how to work a tower into the mix quite yet.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:24 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 SN196
Send a message via Yahoo to ski36short
Quote:
those are WAY to expensive and take an inordinate amount of maintenance. Fix the price and upkeep issue and you, my friend, have my vote for President of the United States!
That or Bill Gates would be looking up at you pretty quickly on the "World's Richest Person" list!
Old 12-16-2005, 02:38 PM
Leroy

Here's three.

I would like to see the exhaust air mixed with fresh air by means of something like blower fans so that CO2 poisoning is a thing of the past.

I would like to be able to launch from a device off my ptform while I am still standing on the platform and then have the rope slowly feed out like the auto belay's used on the rock climbing walls.

I would like to see a windshield that is actually useful for something other than looks. Am I the only one putting my head up in the air to see?